Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story, I had the bike painted, therefore took off all the parts. While removing the fuel tank, I was unscrewing where the fuel comes out of the tank into the fuel line. As I was pulling on the quick release I noticed a screen filter (I assume), therefore I screwed it back in place and used the quick release after reading the manual as I should have in the first place. Dumb ass comments warranted here.

It took about 6 weeks to get the painted parts back, I put all the parts back on the bike, good news no parts left over but here is the problem. Bike started right up, but it hesitates while accelerating up to speed. I put in new plugs, air filter and checked all the connections and all seems fine. Did I screw up the fuel pump in the tank? Or could it be something else?

·
Retired citizen
24,290 Posts
I'm not aware of a screen or filter being inside the quick release.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turned out to be a fuel line from the fuel pump to the gas line. While unscrewing it I damaged the fuel line inside the tank. Replace the two fuel lines inside the tank along with the fuel filter. Working fine now.

·
Registered
42,157 Posts
:thumb

·
Registered
42,157 Posts
Well yeah, but the happy endings I'm thinking of usually involve young Asian women working their way through college. :dunno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts