Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,009 Posts
800 for a backrest? Ask them if they're trying to stick you with one of those adjustable remote control ones that probably cost that much with installation.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just bought a passenger backrest for my SG. Chrome backrest with the pad that matches the seat cost $300. I already hade the docking kit. Luggage rack is under $200 No way should this cost over $800.

·
Captain Dave
108 Posts
I had a backrest/luggage rack installed on my Wide Glide by HD. Ridiculous price. Everything is detachable in seconds. Needed a relocation kit for lights, and a few other kits for the job. They didn't charge too much for installation since I recently purchased the bike from them. Best thing is, The Wife Is Happy With It! Pics enclosed.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1367953170.640174.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1367953186.460554.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1367953199.873190.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Captain Dave
108 Posts
As Stone Cold said, he got one for 300. Add the rack for 150, then the cost of the quick release docking station and you are up there around 6 to700 bones. You know the purchase of the bike is just a down payment for accessories.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey tramp that rest and rack are exactly what I was looking for. Quick release too.
It was. 800+, no install with the 4 point harness kit. Less 250 for quick release rack would put me at 600 so we are in same range. I'm just wondering if any after market non harley ones from Jp cycles be any good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts