Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, first time post...new user, I just bought a 2013 Switchback that has the Hard cases on the back with the quick release, I found a sissy bar online and I am wondering what mount kit I need?...it looks like I have the sideplate because of the detachable hard cases, but I think I need longer "bolts that have an additional groove to mount the sissy bar..can someone assist me in this that maybe has run into the same issue before?..I dont want to order the wrong parts or more than I need..Thanks so much in advance...Dirtylarry

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need new docking hardware (Detachable Sideplates Docking Hardware-52300065 | Sideplates & Mounts | Harley-Davidson Store) and new detachable sideplates (Detachable Sideplates-52300070 | Sideplates & Mounts | Harley-Davidson Store).

Oh, and yeah, also, just a note, you practically have to take the entire back end apart to install the docking hardware kit. Pretty much replaces what is there already for your bags.
Thank you for your reply, I have the sideplate and the quick release already, so I guess just the mounts...i remember putting them on my 06 super glide...it wasnt too bad to install as long as you unload the suspension, a second set of hands did wonders..it was a bit of a PITA without a bike lift...lol....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts