Harley Davidson Forums banner

2013 Ultra Brakes

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Taximech 
#1 ·
Just picked up my 2013 Ultra Classic last month. Right away on first ride out of the barn no back brakes. Dealer now has 3 others doing the same thing. Anyone having the same problem or heard of it. Thanks, Hogrider53.

#6 ·
Either air in lines or maybe faulty abs modules not allowing fluid to the calipers?

Is it hard pedal and no slowing down or is it soft pedal, pedal goes full on and no resistance? Or maybe they ate crimping a hardline some where, not sure the rear has a hard line but if it got crimped or something, it may not allow fluid to pass.

Ive got almost 2k on my 13 and no problems.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
Could it be as simple as the lower fairing too far in and the brake pedal hitting it before it engages the brakes? After my rebuild on my Ultra Classic, I had that very issue, I could stand up on the brake pedal and "no rear brakes to speak of". I checked and saw that the pedal was blocked from going further because it was hitting the inside of the lower fairing. I adjusted the lowers a little further out and got full braking back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.