Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
yes, the 103 is upgraded for 2014. better cam, better power. Linked ABS brakes, bluetooth, yada yada....

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
yep there is a S**tload of goodness in the 14s

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The front end is completely redesigned. New forks, triple tree, etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an 03 ultra now and the wife is encouraging me to buy a new or newer one next year. Around here I can get a 13 for 5000 to 6000 less than a 14. Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $$$$.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have an 03 ultra now and the wife is encouraging me to buy a new or newer one next year. Around here I can get a 13 for 5000 to 6000 less than a 14. Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $$$$.
yes

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I test rode 13 & 14 SGS. There was a noticeable difference to me in the two and I was coming off of a Super Glide.

I feel like there are three main differences in the ride of the bikes.
1. The steering felt lighter.
2. The engine is somewhat more powerful
3. (Though I don't think this applies to the Ultra) The rear suspension is better on the 14 SGS because of the different shocks.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Rides better, back seat has more room and is much quicker than the 2013.

·
Registered
257 Posts
There were enough differences that I went with the 2014 Limited. The new front end and triple tree arrangement sealed it for me. I wanted as good as I could get in terms of cornering stability and I have not been disappointed. I am sure the previous generation bikes are outstanding and deservedly so but as I was buying new (only second time that has ever happened over a lot of bikes) I wanted the latest technology that was being offered. No regrets.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I came off of an 06 ultra to a 13 limited... Which is a very nice ride!!! And I'm sure that the 14 is nice with the upgrades that they did.. IMO you can't go wrong with either one!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
The '14's are also impervious to dryer condensation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts