Harley Davidson Forums banner

2013 vs 2014 Ultra

3947 Views 23 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  webco2
Other than the Navi is there much difference between the two years?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
yes, the 103 is upgraded for 2014. better cam, better power. Linked ABS brakes, bluetooth, yada yada....
All that and beefier forks and steering head...
And those awesome, one hand opening saddlebags!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
yep there is a S**tload of goodness in the 14s
The frame is the same and uh, that's about it.
Oh, and maybe the hand grips.
The front end is completely redesigned. New forks, triple tree, etc.
I have an 03 ultra now and the wife is encouraging me to buy a new or newer one next year. Around here I can get a 13 for 5000 to 6000 less than a 14. Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $$$$.
yep there is a S**tload of goodness in the 14s
I agree. My 14 is awesome.
The Rushmore upgrades are great. The handling is first rate.
I have an 03 ultra now and the wife is encouraging me to buy a new or newer one next year. Around here I can get a 13 for 5000 to 6000 less than a 14. Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $$$$.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Just picked up a '15 Limited Low and yes its definitely worth it.

lowdown
yes
I test rode 13 & 14 SGS. There was a noticeable difference to me in the two and I was coming off of a Super Glide.

I feel like there are three main differences in the ride of the bikes.
1. The steering felt lighter.
2. The engine is somewhat more powerful
3. (Though I don't think this applies to the Ultra) The rear suspension is better on the 14 SGS because of the different shocks.
Rides better, back seat has more room and is much quicker than the 2013.
There were enough differences that I went with the 2014 Limited. The new front end and triple tree arrangement sealed it for me. I wanted as good as I could get in terms of cornering stability and I have not been disappointed. I am sure the previous generation bikes are outstanding and deservedly so but as I was buying new (only second time that has ever happened over a lot of bikes) I wanted the latest technology that was being offered. No regrets.
i got off a 03 ultra to the 14 night and day differance
I came off of an 06 ultra to a 13 limited... Which is a very nice ride!!! And I'm sure that the 14 is nice with the upgrades that they did.. IMO you can't go wrong with either one!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The '14's are also impervious to dryer condensation.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.