Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend rides a 2014 BO CVO, he is experiencing some excelleration isues between 2500 and 3000 rpm. It feels like the engine is getting bogged down and at 3000 rpm it does start to pull like it should. It was like that since new and when speaking to HD they just looked at him if has 3 heads and say it is normal. He recently installed a V&H 2 into 1 big radius and a FP3 but problem still the same. Anybody with some advice would be appreciated.

·
Banned
71 Posts
My friend rides a 2014 BO CVO, he is experiencing some excelleration isues between 2500 and 3000 rpm. It feels like the engine is getting bogged down and at 3000 rpm it does start to pull like it should. It was like that since new and when speaking to HD they just looked at him if has 3 heads and say it is normal. He recently installed a V&H 2 into 1 big radius and a FP3 but problem still the same. Anybody with some advice would be appreciated.
Is the auto tune set, or are you doing it manually ???

·
Retired citizen
24,161 Posts
What gear is the trans in when the bog occurs ?

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
2014 should = warranty.
If he isn't getting anywhere with one dealer, find another.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies, didn't want to bad mouth dealer or offend anybody. Think we will have to get a manual, for the search function tried it first but no luck. As for trying another dealer not so many dealers arround in this part of the world, dealer is not bad.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm going to assume the newer bikes that have fly by wire are using a rheostat. Since the bike is bogging in all gears at the same rpm 2500-3000 I would be looking for a dead spot in the rheostat.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Apologies, didn't want to bad mouth dealer or offend anybody. Think we will have to get a manual, for the search function tried it first but no luck. As for trying another dealer not so many dealers arround in this part of the world, dealer is not bad.
As no doubt you have read in some threads here.... sometime you have to get deep in a Dealers a$$ to get anything done. Just keep after them to fix it . :thumb

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I would at least have the dealer re flash the ECU to start with and if that does not work tell the dealer to fix it under warranty or supply you with another bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx for all the advise, he will take it back to the dealer try to get it fixed, for me i am still old school with regards to newer tech. Still on cables and carbs:)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm going to assume the newer bikes that have fly by wire are using a rheostat. Since the bike is bogging in all gears at the same rpm 2500-3000 I would be looking for a dead spot in the rheostat.
Just for reference purposes, my 2013 regular BO has throttle by cable. Not sure about the CVO versions.

·
Registered
12,775 Posts
Why is it we have to find another dealer to get satisfaction? Spend good money for our chrome babies. Think you would get same in return from HD.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
What does cruise have to do with fbw?

·
Registered
803 Posts
What does cruise have to do with fbw?
Older model touring bikes that had cruise control used a module, it was never available for softails. When the touring bikes switched to FBW (around 2008) there was no longer a need for the cruise module, the ECM is used instead. Since a 2014 CVO Breakout comes with cruise control it needs to have FBW to make the cruise work.

·
Super Moderator
4,729 Posts
My 13' never had that issue. Make sure that everything the dealer says is logged into the system. Funny that once you let them know that you will want a record of proof that they pay a bit more attention.

How many miles are on his bike? If it is still in the 1K range maybe someone missed an important step in the original setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Gents, thanks for all the feedback and help, bike went back to HD and they fixed the problem, they did a fuel setting and looks like problem is solved, my buddy has a big smile on his face again.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Hi Gents, thanks for all the feedback and help, bike went back to HD and they fixed the problem, they did a fuel setting and looks like problem is solved, my buddy has a big smile on his face again.
Cool

1 - 20 of 20 Posts