Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best combinations to get maximum cubic inches and power out of this 103? I already have the screaming eagle heavy breather on it, I bought the bike used last year had 6600 miles on it, it now has just under 11,000 miles on it. I'm pretty sure it has the factory pipes less the baffles, because it has a louder tone then other stock Breakouts I've heard. I plan on using the vance and hines long radius street sweepers on it with the heavy breather. So what's the best way to get max cubes, hp, and torque?

Kicking Rocks...
Fairly certain those are not stock pipes... as for max torque and power... that is all a $$$ thing.
Does it have a tuner or just a stage 1 dealer flash.
Depending on what PO did you can go mild to wild.
Cams, Heads, Big Bore, proper tuner (not SE imho) performance exhaust... or you could go turbo 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
No tuner or flash, bone stock with se heavy breather, and possibly after market exhaust. She runs good, has good off the line torque. I would just like to get the most I can out of it without going crazy. Honestly was thinking the se stage IV 103 to 110 kit, but from the research I've been doing, I'm under the impression you get more top end power gains with the stage IV, and more low end with stage III. I would like to see over 100ho, with around 120 to 130 torque. Have also been considering pro charger after staging if I dont like the numbers I come out with from staging.

Kicking Rocks...
IMHO, I wouldn't follow the Stage Kit from HD.
I would talk to an area shop or builder and talk with them. They can piece you a kit that will give you more bang for your buck over the catalog HD kit.

There is a long time member here Scott @Hillsidecycleco who has helped many a folk on here with spending and not overspending!

weird member
If you want to get that kind of power, it's probably best to talk to an independent engine builder to get the right combination of big bore kit, pistons, headwork and camshaft (as well as tuner and ignition, maybe, not sure about all that on newer EFI bikes).

If you're mechanically inclined, you can do the work yourself and just ship the heads and jugs off for machining, but talk to an engine builder first to find out what big bore kit to go with. Then you can put the engine back together yourself. Lot cheaper and easier than crating a whole engine and having someone else do all the work on it.

I also second Hillside Cycle. They did my engine machining and helped me with figuring out what to go with, top notch work, fair pricing. Also, that's the only shop I know right now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
IMHO, I wouldn't follow the Stage Kit from HD.
I would talk to an area shop or builder and talk with them. They can piece you a kit that will give you more bang for your buck over the catalog HD kit.

There is a long time member here Scott @Hillsidecycleco who has helped many a folk on here with spending and not overspending!
Thanks I appreciate the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts