Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have Screaming Eagle slip ons and stock headers with the cat. I also have the screaming eagle programmer loaded. I have a 2014 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. The sound sucks. I removed the baffling material, but put the pipe inserts back into the mufflers and still don't like the sound. I would like to install a set of headers to improve the sound. Is this a doable project and if so, what parts do i need? Just headers and keep my slip ons? Complete set? Will it work with my existing programmer?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Your slip ons will work with aftermarket headers. Pipes are easy to change but I'm not sure that changing your headers will make a huge difference in the sound from your slip on mufflers.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
the sound is generated from your slip ons. Changing headers only eliminates the cats. You are going to need different slip ons to get the sound you want. All of these changes should work with your programmer with out needing to retune. If you go radical like 2 into 1 a retune might improve performance. Rinehart and V&H have some really good sounding slip ons and you can sell the ones you have now.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
SE slipons suck. Not bad quality just they are epa compliant so they are quiet.
Changing header will change the sound very little. If you want a good sound and not too loud, V&H true duals and a set of their slipons. If you want a little louder, Rinehart makes a nice setup, their 4' slim-line duals are really nice. If you want mostly power, you can go with a 2-1 setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts