Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i brought my new FXDF home about 2 weeks ago and while some of you hate the new twin led tail lights i absolutely love them.....i do however hate the whole gigantic shovel that hangs down to hold the plate....yuck....searched and searched the interwebs and couldnt find a kit to move the plate mount so i bought a cycle visions in close mount with the integrated led lights and set off to the pole barn for my first mod....this is what she looks like stock.....

ok so start with removing the shocks and then taking off the chrome side bars that go all the way back to the tail....under the seat you will find some electrical connectors for the rear lights and the plate light....its not hard just take your time and gut everything out of there.....once you get to this point its all down hill.....sort of....

next you will take this giant piece of plastic and cut it remove the plate mount and light.....i cut right along the silver line i drew and then sanded it smooth cuz i like my mods to look oem and not a hack job.....

now my bike is still waiting for some stuff to come back from powdercoating..... but you will still get to see the after.....this is with the tail light bolted back on to the giant plastic piece and remounted in the fender.....

and lastly the done pic with the cycle visions in close plate mount....now the bike is still on the stand without the shocks hooked up so the rear tire will be tucked in farther than you see but there it is all tidy'd up.....also still need to hook the turn signals back up.....the wiring is very easy to remove and put back.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
You did a nice job. It looks better but I'm still not a fan, I like the older style bobbed tail better. No offense just being honest. It almost looks a little café style from the side view, especially with the red stripes on the tank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries.... That's the cool part about everyone customizing their own stuff....different strokes for different folks...I don't hate ya....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts