Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 fatboy lo with vance and hines big radius pipes and get popping when decelerating. Is this normal?

·
Registered
14 Posts
After I set up my 2013 Fatboy lo with pipes and the works it backfired a lot. Then it settled in after a few months of riding. Sounds cool when it does it.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,517 Posts
Mine pops. 2012 flstfb

To lean if it does not.

·
Registered
42,713 Posts
It shouldn't be popping.

If an exhaust is too free flowing or too short, it will cause popping.

My Thunderheader used to pop on decel until I added a restrictor plate in it to restrict how much air was allowed to enter the exhaust on the reversion pulse.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Rim

Do you have a dyno graph with an A/F mixture reading?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Invest in a SESPT and take it to someone who knows how to tune a bike on a dyno. If they know what they're doing, the decel pop will be eliminated.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
After the install of my ThunderMAX, my Fat Boy popped a couple of times in deceleration. My indy said it would take up to five rides to get the adaptive tuner to settle in. Seems to be well tuned, now, because it doesn't pop.

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
I have a 2014 fatboy lo with vance and hines big radius pipes and get popping when decelerating. Is this normal?
Is it loud popping or just talking to you a little? Mine just grumbles and pops quietly. Have to thank the Kalifornia EPA settings.:fitz XIEDS made mine behave. Take a look at your plugs for fun. Little white on center electrode and darker around edges. Rear cylinder may show slightly hotter. Ride Safe

·
Señor Member
19,836 Posts
Is it loud popping or just talking to you a little? Mine just grumbles and pops quietly. Have to thank the Kalifornia EPA settings.:fitz XIEDS made mine behave. Take a look at your plugs for fun. Little white on center electrode and darker around edges. Rear cylinder may show slightly hotter. Ride Safe

This is how I would describe mine. Since it has plenty of giddy up and I get amazing gas mileage, I'm leaving it alone. I also kind of enjoy the little added noise.

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
This is how I would describe mine. Since it has plenty of giddy up and I get amazing gas mileage, I'm leaving it alone. I also kind of enjoy the little added noise.
Yep great mileage, HD's are suppose to make sweet noise :biker:

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
Where'd you get that handle?
Three Rivers TX
I let a few friends call me Billy, back in day I hated it. Love Softail Harleys. There yah go Tex.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts