Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, right off love my Harley !

Have a little more than 2 week old Ultra Limited with 2,200 miles on it,, and so very happy with just about everything.

One of the needed upgrades was the better 4 speakers and amplifier.
I installed the 4 speakers with not too much trouble, but stopped short with the amp. Do I really have to remove the fuel tank ?

If anyone has installed the boom amp into the same bike, could you give a little breakdown ? Maybe clarification on which harness is needed as well ?

Thanks I'm advance !!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ive installed a few Amps for friends and myself.. never removed a tank.. just loosened it up to raise it a little to run the power cable to the battery.. I tie the cable off to a heavy gauge wire the type to hang drop cielings and feed it under the tank.. just my way of doing it ..works for me??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello all, right off love my Harley !

Have a little more than 2 week old Ultra Limited with 2,200 miles on it,, and so very happy with just about everything.

One of the needed upgrades was the better 4 speakers and amplifier.
I installed the 4 speakers with not too much trouble, but stopped short with the amp. Do I really have to remove the fuel tank ?

If anyone has installed the boom amp into the same bike, could you give a little breakdown ? Maybe clarification on which harness is needed as well ?

Thanks I'm advance !!!!
Wish I could help ya with the amp, but what speakers did you upgrade to? I was looking at the hogtunes that are suppose to be better than the stock ones. Was looking for a better sound in my 09'. Thanks!

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
I removed my tank so that I could run wires down the channel. It's only 4 bolts and the quick disconnect fuel line. Takes 5 minutes and I have never done it before and ride a desk so limited wrenching ability. Make sure it's not full. Gas is heavy.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Removing the tank is a snap. See above. The fuel line quick disconnect is one of those push it up, twist and remove. I suggest covering you bike with a blanket, an put a small towel under the fuel line. If there were a few drops of gas that came out, I don't remember.

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Wish I could help ya with the amp, but what speakers did you upgrade to? I was looking at the hogtunes that are suppose to be better than the stock ones. Was looking for a better sound in my 09'. Thanks!
I went with biketronics 7.1. Lifetime warranty. $269 shipped. Mention you are a forum my member for discount

1 - 8 of 8 Posts