Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Harley and Im still learning about it. I bought the bike a couple months ago and put about 1600 miles on the bike, did the oil change around 1500 miles and have had no problems until today. I rode the bike to work about a 10 mile trip one way, and no problems. When I took the bike out on my lunch break it was sprinkleing a little bit but Ive ridden in heavy rain on this bike and the idle was extremy low, around 500-800 rpm and just wanted to die out. I thought I might have been running out of gas due to having my gas light on. I filled the bike and still the same issue. If I keep the throttle at 1300 rpm I have no issue. When I got home the bike had been running for about 20 minutes and got in the driveway and it idled but at around 600 rpm. Any ideas on what could be going on with this bike? Im considering take it to HD to have them look at it. Also the engine light came on when I put it on the stand before getting off. Thanks

·
Retired citizen
23,351 Posts
Maybe low battery volts. A fully charged battery will measure at least 13.8v static. Maybe a loose negative cable at the battery terminal, common.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Maybe clogged injector. Just bring it to the dealer, it's under warranty right? Let us know what it turns out to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the bike over to the dealer and found out that one of the intake sensors was loose and the wires for it were broken. Got it all taken care of and running great now. Thanks ya ll for your imput

1 - 6 of 6 Posts