Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on fellas, I'm new to the forum and last year I got my first bike...2014 883, I finally decided I want my girl to ride with me so I just came back from the HD dealer after purchasing the passenger pegs but the problem i'm having is the right side isn't as simple as you would think. I'm pretty handy if given the right instructions but the ones that came with the pegs don't really say anything...I was wondering if one of you guys had the same issue and wouldn't mind helping me get in the right direction to get it done.

I really don't want to overpay the dealership to do the install for me, also I plan on wrapping my pipes...do I need to remove them completely off or can I do it while they are on the bike?

thanks a ton gentlemen!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Someone a while ago posted on here about a problem with passenger pegs on the 2014 as they changed the cylinder to the throttle side of the bike. I don't recall their resolution. As for the pipes on the 2013 they needed to be off to wrap them also the vance and hines brand wrap sucked for me it never really set and didn't work as a heat shield very well at all. If you use fiberglass wrap make sure to use some gloves the fibers get everywhere.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
373 Posts
I will say I don't think 15 feet per pipe is quite enough if you're doing the stock pipe with slip ons and all the connectors(such as te muffler clamps)15 ft per is good for drag pipes I had 2 25 foot rolls and had maybe 5 feet each of extra with a good 2" overlap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would prob buy two of those, a lot of reviewers said that was the way to go...as of now my main concern is how to get the passenger peg on but I guess if I have to remove the exhaust I might as well wrap them while I'm at it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would recommend against 2 short roles per pipe though as you may have a clear line where each roll stops to me 1 40-50' would be better then say 4 15' rolls. Although you may be more artistic or just able to make it look better than I did. Lol. With the pegs I would show us mine but it wouldn't help since its been changed between our models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed mine on my 72. Here are the steps.

Remove Pipes
Remove rear master cylinder(two bolts you need to save)
Remove bracket from rear master cylinder(the new peg mount will serve as the new Master cylinder bracket)
Install pass. peg mount
Attach master cylinder to peg mount(remember those two bolts you saved? use those)
Reattach exhaust/heat shields.
Double over your work and make sure your bolts/nuts are all tight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have rear pegs on mine, but I don't have a rear seat LOL

I tried taking them off and it didn't seem that easy, so I said screw it and left them on

·
Registered
844 Posts
Razorseal, My wife's bike has a solo seat but has the rear passenger pegs. When we are on a long trip, she uses the rear pegs as well as the footrests on the mustache engine guard. It helps to keep from cramping in her legs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts