Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning, Sunday of all days, I get on the bike for a nice long ride. The battery is dead. Only has enough juice for the little red blinking light. I just rode the bike two days ago. I am bummed out.....

I admit that I am new to bikes, but know my cars..... So I think it can only be the battery or the charging system; I think it is called the stator?
I plan on putting the bike on the charger, but once I get the bike running, how do I check the charging system to make sure it is charging the battery?

How long is the expected life of a stator or battery?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
What did you find?? Loose connection??

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
:thumbsup

And man enough to tell it.

--

·
On the loose
8,725 Posts
Stangs is already going to have a hard enough time sleeping tonight , thanks for responding back so this problem is off his mind :laugh

·
Registered
439 Posts
NOW read the owner's manual about installing your own PIN and how to use it. The forums are FULL of calls for help when the same thing happens to them and the battery in the FOB has died. If they haven't entered their own PIN and and know how to use it, they are stuck with a tow when a 30 second series of button strokes would have gotten them back on the road and to a place where they could buy a new FOB battery.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm kinda with you BKSinAZ, Trailered the Switchback to KC to pick up the 14 SGS..
Loaded on the trailer at Harley, got home 8 hrs later, and the damn thing was dead as a doornail. Had the fob in my pocket ! Lesson learned.

·
Registered
12,071 Posts
NOW read the owner's manual about installing your own PIN and how to use it. The forums are FULL of calls for help when the same thing happens to them and the battery in the FOB has died. If they haven't entered their own PIN and and know how to use it, they are stuck with a tow when a 30 second series of button strokes would have gotten them back on the road and to a place where they could buy a new FOB battery.
YES, set your own PIN and learn how to use it. ALSO carry a spare FOB battery with you. I don't care if you don't have saddlebags the battery ain't that big. Leave it packaged--maybe cut the packaging down some if necessary--and find some place on your bike to secure it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts