Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, went to HD dealer near Reading, PA to look at bikes. Found a 2014 Softtail Heritage with 1400 miles on it. It has Vance and Hines pipes on it. The price is 17,599.00. Also saw a 2015 for about 800.00 more. I like the 2014 with Vance and Hines pipes on it. It would save me the expense of putting pipes on new one. Here is the real deal. Wife asked me if I wanted to stop in and look at some bikes. We were over that way for lunch today. She is the one who found the 2014 bike. Later in the afternoon she asked me if I would consider putting off the upstairs remodel project so I could afford the bike. My first question to her was what did you do with my real wife and who are you. She is pretty serious about this and I told her to keep talking to me this week.

What are your thoughts on the 2014 to the 2015? I like both and either one would keep me happy. Warranty on 2014 is good until April 2016. I might try and get another year out of them. The wife suggesting going and than the offer on the remodel project I am still trying to figure out. I have been on a Sportster for close to 4 years and she loves to ride with me.

Any input? Jeff:bikerguy:

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
DO NOT try to figure it out! just run with the offer before it expires!
regards,
dave

·
Registered
581 Posts
Get them down some on the price for a used bike and get the extended warranty also !

+1

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
2,327 Posts
If the "14" is a Stage 1, then that's my pick, you get Air and a tuner of some sort, worth more than the $800. If it's only slip on's I'd go with the "15".

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
Your wife is tired of the wedgie from riding a Sportster and wants more upholstery. What do I win?
This ^^^^^^ Make her comfy and it pays off later......know what I mean? :thumbsup

·
Registered
13,193 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would also lean hard toward the 2014. You've got the lower price, the pipes, I'd assuming the 1,000 mile service and warranty on what is essentially is a new bike. If you purchased the new 2015 in a month it would be a used 2015 needing pipes and a 1,000 mile service.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This evening I bought the 2014 Soft tail Heritage with 1400 miles on it. If someone could give me some instructions on how to post pictures to this site, I will post them tomorrow night.

Pastor Jeff :bikerguy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts