Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I am new to the forum and new to owning a Harley. I decided to upgrade from a '95 Vulcan to a '14 Street Bob. I am trying to find an inexpensive way to make my pipes sound more like a Harley and not like a 250 Honda.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Slip ons. This will also get rid of the catalytic converter.

I had Rush slipons on my Superglide and really liked the sound.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome. I don't think the slip-ons get rid of the cat. But they will improve the sound. Am I off base with that Wrgiocona?

I doubt it sounds like a 250 Honda but I get what you mean.

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well not quite a 250 Honda I guess. I'll look into the sites/brands y'all gave me I am just strapped on cash due to an upcoming move for work. So from what y'all know removing the baffles won't harm the bike?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Unless they changed something since the 2011 model Dynas the Cats are in the muffler.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from NH

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need a hole saw that will just fit up the opening and a long extension and drill out the plate that's up there.
Won't be the same as a slip on but will sound a little better.
As long as you don't add more air to the mix you won't harm the engine
Adding air means you'll need to add fuel to keep the mix right. I.e. A download or a programmer/fuel pak

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2013 super glide had the cats in the muffs not the head pipes.

My step dad scored a set of used screaming eagle 2's the older style for $50 on eBay. He surfed for a couple weeks and it paid off. They were in great shape too.

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My won't let me change my profile pic but I have a pic of the bike in my garage.

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I've searched E-Bay and Craigslist with no luck on Dyna slip-ons. I think I may cut out my baffles but I am almost afraid of messing up my only set of mufflers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I heard from someone you can't modify the stock mufflers on bikes with cats. The cats are in the mufflers. You can swap out slip ons designed for older bikes onto the newer ones though. Maybe you could do the same with stock mufflers? Then you could modify them all you want.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
if ya lived closer i have stock 07 non cat mufflers and se slip ons

·
Harley FNG
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rosconey- How much would you want for the SE slip-ons and whats the appx weight so I can figure out the price of shipping?

Speedydave,

I'll recheck eBay. I'm not super picky on the brand as long as they have a deeper sound and look good. I just got the bike and there is alot I want to do to it. I've been looking around for inspiration and have found a bunch of interesting ideas on how to make it stand out from the pack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a 14 street Bob myself. I went with the v&h slash slip ons. They are louder than i expected. I ordered a set of the quiet baffles to try.
I'm planning to add the fp3, quiet inserts and new air intake this weekend.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts