Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 4.3 but thinking of upgrading to the 6.5 that I've found on the used market. It looks like a fairly simple plug n play swap once you split the fairing. Does anyone know if it needs to be flashed by the dealer to be compatable to my bike and what would they typically charge if that were the case?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Haven't seen anybody talking about it.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I bet it will need a re flash

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
it can be done. My riding buddy bought the 14 SG instead of the SGS because he didn't want the stripes on it. He had them change a lot of the items to what the Special would have on it. Including the stereo. Not for sure of the cost to do it though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Install seems pretty straight forward. I'm unsure if it needs to be reprogammed and where the gps antenna typically goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just did the install. Plug n play. No reflash needed on mine. Pulled up my location and plotted a route as soon as it powered up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine has worked fine from start,never updated. Only issue was volume would be full up on start up. Just started turning all the way down before shut down. Satisfied,honestly was afraid to update because of all the stories of problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just updated mine, saw no issues in the garage, but have yet to test it on the road. Freakin snowing again in CT!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took it out for a ride today after installing the latest update. No issues other than the issue I had before of the music running through Bluetooth is always lower than the radio. The device volume is always all the way up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts