Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase this bike in June and it has been hooked up to battery tender every day. I last ride it on Saturday and today decided to fire it up for a few minutes. It starts to turn over then clicks and it's done. Battery tender shows it's charged. I checked the connections and the fuses so my guess the starter or battery. Any tips, little pissed since it's a new bike and have no way of hauling it anywhere plus don't want to pay to have it looked at.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try starting with the battery cable connections on both ends. Make sure they're clean and tight.

That was the first thing I did was check the connections, they are tight and clean. I checked all the fuses and all is good. Just so weird as I last rode it on Saturday and came home and hooked it up the the tender.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran it up to auto zone and it was showing it needed charged and it was showing 91 cold crank amp but the batter should be at 450 CCA. They are going to charge it for me and call.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
You may have gotten a lemon battery. Call your local dealer. Warranties cover things like this on a brand spankin' new bike.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's a new bike, shouldn't it be under warranty?

It's under warranty, figured I would try and take care of it myself first. I don't live close to a dealer so wanted to check the battery and cables before I called.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well test said it needs replaced it was only at 250 CCA. Wonder if harley will replace this since I have not owned it for even 3 months yet.

·
On the loose
8,706 Posts
Like others have said time to call the dealer and have them take care of ya , one of the perks of buying new is the warranty , you paid for it , have them come and get it or bring a battery and put it in.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I took the battery with me today and the dealership couldn't replace it unless the bike is there due to the factory warranty. So I came home hoping it would start so I could drive it down but will not turn over. Have the dealership picking it up tomorrow guess no riding this week as Thursday is the only good day in ohio. Crazy that harley wants the bike in for a battery, figured i did all the hard work for them.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Warranty should cover any parts necessary. Are you sure that the kill switch was in the Run position?

·
RockyMtnHigh
3 Posts
Your dealership that sold you the bike will be all over this. I've had nothing but great experiences at my dealership.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your dealership that sold you the bike will be all over this. I've had nothing but great experiences at my dealership.

I purchased this bike from Century harley in Medina. It's 96 miles from my house. The close dealer to me is 30 miles, they were nice and said they just needed the bike in the shop. They said they will pick it up and check everything over.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Mine crapped out too. Stealership replaced it under warranty.

·
On the loose
8,706 Posts
I purchased this bike from Century harley in Medina. It's 96 miles from my house. The close dealer to me is 30 miles, they were nice and said they just needed the bike in the shop. They said they will pick it up and check everything over.
Thats cool of them , they get reimbursed by the MoCo for warranty work I believe so most don't mind doing it.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
I gotta ask why you have it on the tender every day? During fair weather, my tender isn't even plugged into an outlet.

I only ask because I don't know what kind of tender you have. I guess there's a chance it overcharged it or something and fried the battery.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Warranty Warranty Warranty.....In this situation that is the fix. You really do want to have it looked at becouse I have a 14 SG and as was previosly said something caused the battery to fry. I have heard from allot of folks who have the 14 SG that they have had to get the dealer to replace the voltage regulators or some other part of the charging system. These 2014 Streetglides are tricky little critters.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts