Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I've removed the controls on my standard bars several times before with no issues but upon putting on a set of drag bars have found that the throttle is very tight and doesn't spring back.

Have I lost a spring? I cannot figure it out.

Appreciate your help!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
TBW may not be set in the tangs on the end of the bar, should be slots. take it back apart and look. check to be sure there ARE slots in those bars. (look at your old bars)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
TBW = throttle by wire, on touring bikes not Sportsters. Your hanging throttle could be one of several easy fixes. One, The grip may be rubbing the end of the bar. loosen the handlebar switch housing & brake lever and move the whole thing towards the end of the bar a tiny bit. Two, the throttle friction screw (star shaped knob) under the switch housing may be tightened down OR, maybe the 1/2 moon shaped plastic slipped off of it and is binding the throttle tube. Three, make sure the switch housing is tightened evenly, same gap on both sides. Four, loosen the throttle cable adjuster on both cables a little. One may be too tight. Five, maybe the bars have a too much paint or powdercoat and the throttle tube rubs.
Good luck, it should not be a difficult fix.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts