Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought and installed the HD three-pouch.

Good:
Pretty easy install.

Magentic latches are a real plus.

Bad:
The pouches are small. I could get a pack of cigs, a lighter and my glasses in the center pouch. The side pouches can hold like a roll of quarters and that's it.

Water runs down the backside between the pouches and the windshield. Look like hell and is a bitch to sop up.

Conclusion:

Don't buy one. I wasted $115.

Ronnie

·
Registered
438 Posts
It also seems to interfere with the airflow through the vent. I took my off as well.

Reactions: SSmike1

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't interfere with my vent. But the other nuisances .... that's another story.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm surprized (or maybe I shouldn't be) that HD didn't come out with windshield pouches that don't take away from the fairing's airflow. After all, the put an awful lot into this Rushmore project.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My biggest gripe is that water gets between the pouch backing and the windshield. It's not just rain either. If it's humid, condensation collects behind it too.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I'm surprized (or maybe I shouldn't be) that HD didn't come out with windshield pouches that don't take away from the fairing's airflow. After all, the put an awful lot into this Rushmore project.
The 3 pocket with the mags is specifically for Rushmore bikes. And at least the one on my '14 SGS doesn't screw up the vent.

·
2015 ULTRA
37 Posts
The purpose of the Vent in the Fairing, is to Blow air up the back of the windshield, to keep the Air Flow Over the "top" of the windshield from coming back down so soon, onto your head.

The vent blows air up the back of the windshield so that the air coming over the top of the windshield stays up higher. You are only talking an inch or two, but it makes a difference.
Turn it on/off and you can tell the difference at 60MPH.

IF you put a Windshield pouch over the vent, you defeat this purpose.
all you have then is a little more air behind the windshield, which may keep you cooler, but the pouch will block the air from shooting up the back of the windshield, thus moving the air flow up over your head, and inch or two.
:wink

g
It also seems to interfere with the airflow through the vent. I took my off as well.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've been kinda, sorta looking at one of these. I'm not sure if I'll buy or not, looks like it could work

. pouch.jpg

HD90-102BC - BLACK CLASSIC DUAL POUCHES (New)
$40
BBP-HD90-102BC

FB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts