Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is a copy of the mail sent to marketing near Delhi Inida over my order for a Blue street bob. Is it normal for HD just to change the colours available and screw the customer who now does not get teh colour that was ordered?

The conversation that I had with you Manu was that the BLUE was available but only in October, on thinking about it I thought ok between June when I am to return to Goa and October is monsoon season not riding weather so I will wait. Now you tell me that the blue is NOT available at all in 2015. How is it you take my money as deposit (in Nov 2014 delivery April 2015) saying blue is available then knowing you have orders outstanding for blue you change the colours available to Denim black which I think is just about the worst colour I have ever come across and Amber whiskey which is a colour from 2014. What about your customers who want what they ordered and you accepting that order do you not feel you honour that order before you change the colours.
If you booked a flight from Mumbai to Goa would you accept a flight to Delhi because the airline changed it's mind and thought you would like to go to Delhi instead.
It seems buying cars and bikes in Goa/India brings to mind we do what we want not what the customer is paying for. My Mahindra, the dealer takes my money for M&M roof rack,matts and side steps then fits after market cheap items. Well I got that sorted, then first service too lazy to change oils in the 4x4 system telling me M&M told them not as it costs 76,000 INR. After beating up on the service manager work done for the cost of 596 INR. what is it in India the customer is to be screwed over all the time by dealers and manufactures.

Bottom line I want what was ordered the BLUE street bob, delivered as stated by you Manu in October 2015
Regards

Ken Rand not so happy

What does the forum think is this normal HD screwing the customers

·
Registered
39,456 Posts
Your problem is with your dealer. This is NOT "HD screwing the customers".

Blue is available.

"Blue available, but only in October." What kind of Indian bullshit is this?

2015 Dyna Street Bob | FXDB Bobber | Harley-Davidson USA

And Amber Whiskey is a 2015 color as well.

I think you need to educate yourself.

·
Registered
39,456 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts
I seem to have the same level of service from the engineers I work with from that region. Not fun at all.

·
Just Ride
3,252 Posts
^^^^June said that last night ^^^^

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Blue is available.

Point one, the problem is with HD as I spoke to the marking manager of HD direct, not the dealer.

2. Yes, Blue is availabe BUT not in India from 31/03/15, India only has two colours per year. Shit denim black and now whisky.

3. Amber whisky is a 2015 colour but not according to the Indian HD web site as to what colours are available in India in 2015. Site still has black and blue only.

4. HD tried to bluff me into agreeing to the whisky saying only in October, when his bluff called now its not available at all.

All of this is with HD direct not the dealer.

And as to I need to educate myself if you understand what I said you would see this a problem with colours available in India not worldwide. I know all the colours are available some place but not in India which is MY issue here.

Bottom line if I want the bike Amber whisky it will have to be. But what I want to know is normal for HD to delete and change colours half way through the year.

Ken

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would you join simply to post a rant against the MoCo, what a dill hole.
Well of course I am in the wrong place if I can only post GOOD things about a company that here in Inida lies to its customers after taking the money and accepting the order then doesn't deliver what was agreed to.
As to being a dill hole, no idea what that is but how would you feel if this happend to you when you went to order a car/bike.
Also just want to know if this normal for HD to do.

Ken

·
Registered
39,456 Posts
Bottom line if I want the bike Amber whisky it will have to be. But what I want to know is normal for HD to delete and change colours half way through the year.

Blue is availabe BUT not in India from 31/03/15, India only has two colours per year.

Ken
I guess you don't understand English, so you can't be helped.

Thank you, come again....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
is this the thread about condensation in my garage?
i also forgot what kind of oil i should use
my hd dealer sucks - treated me like garbage

top 3 subjects at hd forums

·
Registered
39,456 Posts
Don't forget the thread about nothing.....

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
I personally don't see an issue with "shit denim black"

SuperGlide4.jpg

But that just may be me.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you and good bye! I must be in the wrong place for advise and help. This is the site for back woods hill billys who do not know jack shit about how Harley Davidson runs outside the USA. Next bike you buy come to HD India to purchase it and see how you get treated. And denim black is my option only no one else, don't like it end of story/thread

·
Registered
39,456 Posts
Thank you and good bye! I must be in the wrong place for advise and help. This is the site for back woods hill billys who do not know jack shit about how Harley Davidson runs outside the USA. Next bike you buy come to HD India to purchase it and see how you get treated. And denim black is my option only no one else, don't like it end of story/thread

Lets see.... There are 196 countries in the world....

And out of those 196 countries, only ONE has the problems, that even YOU admit only happens there....

And this is somehow a MoCo problem????

You sir are ****ed in the head!
And FYI I do know how HD operates outside of the USA.
I've ridden my Harley in about 7 different countries.
Lived in 2 other countries besides the USA.

Have fun living in a country where people don't have the sense not to shit* where they walk (while wearing only sandals mind you) and wipe their ass with their bare hand, should fit you perfectly.

(And we're the ones that are backwards????)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/15/take-poo-loo-indian-psa_n_5153313.html
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-27775327
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304732804579420713511634106
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?sid=aErNiP_V4RLc&pid=newsarchive

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Thank you and good bye!
Well bye....:mooning:

When you come down off your mountain, maybe you will realize we are not all backward ass rednecks.

But you burned that bridge:thumb

·
Banned
71 Posts
Well bye....:mooning:

When you come down off your mountain, maybe you will realize we are not all backward ass rednecks.

But you burned that bridge:thumb
HEY NOW....There is nothing wrong in being a backwoods redneck . :)

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
I never said I wasn't a backward ass redneck... cause I am ask my wife.
But Kenn (Habib) just rubbed me the wrong way.

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts

Blue is available.

Kainam not every color that is offered in the U.S. available to other countries. Even your neighbors to the north are not offered some of the same models and colors that HD puts out.

His dealer maybe screwing him over or the dealer may have misunderstood what colors were available for India. :2cents

1 - 20 of 32 Posts