Harley Davidson Forums banner

2015 CVO Street Glide Boom Box Problems

18K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  GRRAMP 
#1 ·
I have a new CVO Street Glide and do to the winter I have not even had a chance to use the bike. I was trying to setup the Boom Box navigation settings and radio but every time I turn the radio on I hear three consecutive loud beeps. These beeps continue to sound coming out of the front speaker only. The only way to get them to stop is to mute the radio by pressing the power button once. The beeps stop and so does the music. The bike was delivered to me with 1.18.1 from the dealer and I was trying to update it to 1.18.3 but I get an error message of a corrupt file. I have tried everything possible suggested in many forums but with no luck. when I go to system information the part number and serial number of the radio do not appear. All I could see is dashes but no part number. I am starting to think that this is why I can't update. Is there a way to reset this system? I would appreciate any help I could get with this issue.

#6 ·
I like that solution. Sounds like a fluke. Don't sweat it.

#5 ·
Yikes. $40k and they still can't get their shit together.

#8 ·
I suspect the amp is plugged into the speaker circuit rather than the aux power circuit. Ask me how I know.... :)

#10 ·
the plug ins look very similar. I would get 3 distinct pops when I turned the bike on. I had plugged the amp into the speaker circuit. It got the power it needed but made the popping noise. Dealer sorted it for me.

#14 ·
I must agree with this statement. To the dealers defense, the radio did work when the bike was delivered but failed soon after that with me not even having a chance to try the bike out.

Today I received another call and was told that Harley agreed to send a new radio to have it replaced. It turns out that even after getting the radio working properly they could not update it to 1.18.3.
So the end result is that the radio was faulty. I will update when I finally get the bike back in a day or two. My opinion is that harley is having too many issues with these radios. I wonder if there will be an aftermarket replacement in a few years. Perhaps they eventually they will level out all the bugs.

Starting to wonder if it was called Project Rushmore because they rushed the engineers more and more to get this out to the market in 2014. Maybe it needed more time to work out the problems with this technology.
To tell you the truth I am happy with what they have done and feel that they will eventually make it right.

#15 ·
Update:

So today I went to the dealer to pick my bike up that has been ready since Friday. On the way home and only 3 miles away from the dealer I realized that the navigation was not working. Only a compass comes up when selecting navigation. It turns out that they did not install the maps after going the upgrade. I purchased the bike in February and only had it at my house for only one week. It's been in the dealer the remaining of the time. Wow! After spending $40,000 on a CVO. I am extremely disappointed. I would return it if so could.

#17 ·

Very useful post there Bloomer to a 2+ year old thread. Great way to get started here.:welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.