Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my new wide glide and am looking to make this bike a little louder. through my research i am finding it difficult to find brands advertising for 2015 models. i assume the '12-'14 exhausts will fit the '15. can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
just picked up my new wide glide and am looking to make this bike a little louder. through my research i am finding it difficult to find brands advertising for 2015 models. i assume the '12-'14 exhausts will fit the '15. can anyone verify this?
Yes..they are the same..I'm in the same boat as you..New Wide Glide..just want to make it sound a little better. I have researched it quite a bit..The more i read..the more confused i get. Will slip-ons void my warranty..? will the stock ECM/EFI compensate for them...? Can i just take the baffles out..? Hard to nail down..:what?.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I have a 2012 Wide Glide. If you just change the mufflers to make it louder you don't have to get a fuel tuner or change the ECM/EFI. It will run better if you do. If you want more performance, change the whole exhaust, air cleaner and get a fuel tuner/remap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2012 Wide Glide. If you just change the mufflers to make it louder you don't have to get a fuel tuner or change the ECM/EFI. It will run better if you do. If you want more performance, change the whole exhaust, air cleaner and get a fuel tuner/remap.
Thx for the info...Whats your take on the warranty issue..?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Your good on the warranty unless they can prove your modifications ruined something. So as long as you stay with brand name aftermarket parts you are fine. Go for it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your good on the warranty unless they can prove your modifications ruined something. So as long as you stay with brand name aftermarket parts you are fine. Go for it!
Thanks......I suspect it would be the other way around tho..They would just refuse to do the warranty work..then it's on you to take them to court and prove your modifications "didn't" ruin something....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got an email back from the service manager (so i have it in writing) at my local HD Dealer...Aftermarket slip on mufflers will NOT effect the warranty. And require no tuning, or adjustment to the ECM/EFI..Just thought i would share that in case anybody else was wondering....

·
Registered
58 Posts
great thread. I've got an 07' wide glide. I'm bouncing back and forth between switching to black pipes or staying with chrome, but my main goal is volume. It doesn't need to get a ton louder, but just a little more oomph than the stock exhaust would be cool. I've also heard that 2 into 1's are a bit better as far as performance because it's easier to control the air pressure in the engine with only 1 pipe instead of 2. Is there any truth to that? and does anyone have any recommendations to get louder?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
great thread. I've got an 07' wide glide. I'm bouncing back and forth between switching to black pipes or staying with chrome, but my main goal is volume. It doesn't need to get a ton louder, but just a little more oomph than the stock exhaust would be cool. I've also heard that 2 into 1's are a bit better as far as performance because it's easier to control the air pressure in the engine with only 1 pipe instead of 2. Is there any truth to that? and does anyone have any recommendations to get louder?

Check out the thunderheader exhaust system website. They explain why you get better performance with 2-1 pipes. Their pipes are loud and perform very well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a 15 Low Rider. New 2-1 exhaust and Arlen Ness AC. New tune with Power Vision. My dealer is OK.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 dyna street Bob stock pipes .. Looking into either Vance and Heins big radius 2 into 2 or the short shots 2 into 2.. A buddy of mine has a soft tail with the Big radius .. Sounds beautiful .. Just trying to see which pipes are better or if the sound from the big radius is really that much louder then the short shots or if it's not that different .. Also what tuning was done with the upgrade of the bike with the air intake and chip

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum stuff, hope im in the right spot. Just got my third HD. Got me a New 2015 street bob with a 5 year warranty. I'm still in the break in on it. But just put set of Vance and Hines big radius pipes on it. Will this void my warranty. I didnt ruin anything. I've done exhaust swaps on all my bikes and friends bikes, haven't ruined anything. Lol. So I guess I'm just trippin on it. Can anyone throw me some information, I will be getting it mapped from harley when I do the heavy breather next. ..

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts