Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased my first HD and have put about 750 miles on it so far. This past weekend I installed a pair of Vance and Hines 3'' Slip On's with the standard baffles they come with. The first twos I rode it for about 50 miles and it all felt right with the extra sound and rumble I was aiming for. However, now I notice the Iron is idling a little higher around 1,000 to 1,090 RPMS where before it would stay under 1,000. Also, at certain speeds I feel the bike shake and at idle I can feel the bike shake a bit more. Last thing, I installed at the same time a one side swing saddle bag on the left, not sure if this would affect it though.

Any thoughts what it could be? I'm afraid I might be harming the engine since I feel the bike shake at certain times when coming to stop and take off.

Thank you in advance!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
i don't know your answer but you posted this twice

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
no worries. hang in there you will get some responses that will help. I don't think you are causing any issues with the bike. sounds pretty normal to me.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Did you remap? Most FI bikes require tweaking after changing anything on the exhaust; even just slip ons. If you didn't remap, I suggest having it done or buying the tools necessary to do it yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,

Thank you for the responses.

I haven't remapped it since the dealer said it wouldn't be needed. They said I would if I add an AC. But I will take it into consideration if the bike keeps running the way it is.

I'll have to inspect the slip on's too to ensure there is no air leak.

Could not having enough back pressure be a possible issue too?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
make sure the clamps are TIGHT, new clamps are always suggested. otherwise let it settle in. often time we think something is wrong after a change and it is not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reused the same clamps so I'll have to carefully check if there is a leak. Also, I ordered from quiet baffles, I hope they help.

any thoughts on the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack for the iPhone? in case choose to remap?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I reused the same clamps so I'll have to carefully check if there is a leak. Also, I ordered from quiet baffles, I hope they help.

any thoughts on the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack for the iPhone? in case choose to remap?
I used the FP3 with the iPhone app on my bike. worked like a charm. Put new clamps on and torque to specification. I think it is 91 ft lbs but check your service manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome! I going to start eyeballing the FP3 then if I don't any progress after the new clamps and torque specs.

I appreciate all your help Dave!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts