Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode this bike about a week ago. I had my V&H fuelpak in autotune and then returned it to the stock tune when I parked it. It just cranks now but won't start, I can hear the fuel pump prime like normal and it's cranking fast like normal. The battery is charged, reads 12.81 volts, 334 CCA and 100% charged on my battery tester. I pulled the plug wires off and grounded them on the block and they sparked. What else should I check? 7400 miles and no issues since I've owned it this past year. The spark plugs were changed about 150 miles ago, it has a Cobra hi flow air filter. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
It’s sounds like a FP issue. I don’t know if it’s an option, but I’d try to reflash to stock again.

On my 1200 I ended up throwing my FP in the trash. Running a K&N filter with straight pipes and DK Inserts. Stock tune she’s been running great.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reflashed to a map I previously used and then back to the stock map, still won't start. I am going to check all connections to make sure there are no corrosion or loose wire issues. The bike cranks fast so it doesn't seem likely a loose / corroded connection would be the issue but just to eliminate from the equation...

·
Registered
38 Posts
You confirmed spark so it has to be a fuel issue. That’s where I’d be looking. Stupid question I know, but is there any gas left in the tank

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank is 3/4 full. I can hear the fuel pump priming every time I try to crank it, I'm not sure how I would verify it's getting fuel unless I disconnect a fuel line while cranking it?

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,968 Posts
Pull the plugs and see if gas is on them. There should be if fuel pump working, but if not then you found the issue. The injectors could be clogged as well. It has happened more than once to members on here.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,968 Posts
It’s sounds like a FP issue. I don’t know if it’s an option, but I’d try to reflash to stock again.

On my 1200 I ended up throwing my FP in the trash. Running a K&N filter with straight pipes and DK Inserts. Stock tune she’s been running great.
I did that with my '19 Iron 1200. Huge difference. People couldn't believe how much faster it was.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pull the plugs and see if gas is on them. There should be if fuel pump working, but if not then you found the issue. The injectors could be clogged as well. It has happened more than once to members on here.
There is no gas on the plugs. They are firing, I checked them while out against the block. I didn't even smell any fuel when I pulled the plugs. Also, I checked the battery again today, 12.5 v before cranking, 12.2v with ignition on, 10.1v cranking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No gas in the cylinder means your injectors aren’t squirting. From the sounds of it I’m thinking this is an ECM issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Update required
Did you try taking the plugs out and pouring a little fuel into the plug holes, then replace the plugs and try again to start her

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought I updated this thread, must have been another thread. The issue was a bad fuel line in the tank. I had to buy a new fuel filter housing with the hose attached because I couldn't get a new hose on the old housing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts