Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders. My name is Odie and i am a new rider. i have had the dream to ride for years. Just last year i made my greatest purchase of a brand new 2014 IRON 883 and three days later I ****ed that shit up :grin, however recovered and now im on a 2015 Iron 883. Now its not the fastest motorcycle in the world but i love the denim (matte) black and i have a vision for it that includes: chizeled bars, white walls, sissy bar, jet black headers, custom black pipes...**** your vance & hines pipes, forward foot controls, push up fuel cap, blacked out derby cover, screaming eagle stage 1 air filter, eventually a 1200 but the dream is quite a mile stone away. i received a felony with this bike because i evaded an officer with it and they are ****ing me over with fees and all this other non sense in this corrupted system but i'm staying positive because i still get to ride. anyways, enough of that crap. lets talk about harleys service on how overpriced it is. my first 1k service was $550 and my 5k service was $410. not even a car maintenance is that expensive. I have decided to invest in tools and a service manual instead. i still need a few tips from the old heads here though. i just purchased some Biltwell handlebars, the "Keystone XL" i rode up to Temecula, CA and straight into their warehouse and spoke to the manager and asked him if they would fit stock wiring like the original "Keystone" handlebars, he said it looked like it would and he measured it and pretty much gave me the "you can try". HOW THE **** DO YOU NOT KNOW? was my thought. the website says it fits all HD stock parts. i said **** you and purchased them and as i got home to put them on..... stock wiring did not fit and i cant return them so all in all, **** you biltwell inc. Now i have to make it work. i have invested in an extended brake line because that seemed to be the only wire that wasnt long enough at 42' and new fittings. I have never done a brake fluid bleed or replacement but theres only one way to learn. if you have any tips on what should be the process or what i should invest in to make this process easy and proper please reply and share with me your knowledge. Thank You all, ride safe....sometimes....and pull over. :nerd

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I hope you learned your lesson.

·
Never Stop Starting
25 Posts
Quite a story there Ohhdee93. Welcome from Michigan.

·
psychicrhino
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My 2004 xl883c tops out at 110 mph (by gps) and 116 mph (by speedo). Kudos to you for trying to evade on one amigo :)

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Yep. Paying a couple hundred dollar fine is much better than the possibility of getting shot.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Ohhdee93 looks like a one and done.
Betting psychicrhino may not be around long either. Do not think our ol Grey Beard attitude will suit him.

Or. Just maybe he will grow up. :dunno

·
psychicrhino
15 Posts
Sorry for the confusion

Welcome to the forum. My 2004 xl883c tops out at 110 mph (by gps) and 116 mph (by speedo). Kudos to you for trying to evade on one amigo :)
I apologize for the confusion. This post was approximately 10% sincere welcome to the OP and 90% silly sarcasm. :wink

From the rapidly graying beard of the law abiding PsychicRhino.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
I apologize for the confusion. This post was approximately 10% sincere welcome to the OP and 90% silly sarcasm. :wink

From the rapidly graying beard of the law abiding PsychicRhino.
Fair enough. We all have/do walk a fine line with Johnny Law at times.
Just generally do not brag about it. Least not in a first post.
:welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sadly, not bragging but yes lesson learned but anyway, any tips on maintenance? i really need some tips on bleeding the brakes and changing the brake line and exactly how do the fittings fit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome Sir. Any advice for my first long trip? im planning on riding from SD TO SF. approximately 8 hours.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Buy a Harley Service manual. Will tell you all you will ever need to know. And more.

·
American
28,658 Posts
Welcome, probably best to stay out of Indiana. Laws are enforced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts