Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,450 Posts
Isn't that the same week as the Collision?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,450 Posts
Was out there on the Left Coast about 5 years ago and arrived in Willets looking for a Motel room. Couldn't figure out why all of the bikes that were running up and down the road. Lucked out and got a room, and as we were running northward the next day, there was an encampment just before Avenue of the Giants with hundreds of biker/campers still in their sleeping bags. Glad we got off early that day or it'd have been one monster biker traffic jam getting through there. Looks like a great riding event that I need to go back out there for. For those who have never been, Northern CA is some beautiful riding country, and those Redwoods are something to see.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Was out there on the Left Coast about 5 years ago and arrived in Willets looking for a Motel room. Couldn't figure out why all of the bikes that were running up and down the road. Lucked out and got a room, and as we were running northward the next day, there was an encampment just before Avenue of the Giants with hundreds of biker/campers still in their sleeping bags. Glad we got off early that day or it'd have been one monster biker traffic jam getting through there. Looks like a great riding event that I need to go back out there for. For those who have never been, Northern CA is some beautiful riding country, and those Redwoods are something to see.
I would go up there about 20 years ago or so, it was a mad house then. The event had numerous problems with some of the riders from different clubs, old lady problems, wildness in the woods; then the cops showed up. I thought it had been closed down back then. I guess it's up and going. Or maybe it was another rally that was closed down, I don't remember too well. Things are kind of fuzzy from back then...

:thumbsup

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went last year, and it seemed fairly mellow. Yes lots of clubs, but looked like everyone was on best behavior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts