Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got a 2015 sportster 48 from a HD dealer last week. First day I take it for a 125mi ride, on the way back I notice my front exhast shaking. Turns out the top stud broke, to get it home I went to the nearest autozone and got it out and got a bot with same thread count and pitch. I was so frustrated that I didn't unplug o2 sensor connector before pulling it off. I know I know rookie mistake. Regardless, I'm wondering if I can use a bosh replacement instead of going all they way back to HD stealership. But will it effect the fp3 tuner in anyway or will it be fine?

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,668 Posts
As long as the sensor is a direct replacement for the original, it will be fine. They are narrow band sensors anyway and can't read very far in the AFR range. You will be fine.

Reactions: Gorillathehun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a couple that have the same connection and thread size but the head of the sensor is a bit larger do you think that will be a problem? Or is it just cause it's an entirely different brand?
As long as the sensor is a direct replacement for the original, it will be fine. They are narrow band sensors anyway and can't read very far in the AFR range. You will be fine.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,668 Posts
It's because different brand. I have seen that before with autos.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,668 Posts
Groovy!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I may be off the mark here but every O2 sensor I ever saw on a harley was made by Bosch-ive seen any number of sensors sold for every HD bike out there if it doesnt have the same numbers printed on the sensor id be suspect wide or narrow every one ive seen is made by Bosch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts