Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I'd like to enhance the sound of my scoot. I'm not scared of wrenching as I've done a fair amount of my own maintenance on my cages. I don't want to void my warranty and I don't want it to sound like garbage.

Has anyone had any success with the Revolution-X motor and nice sounding exhaust?

·
Registered
43,114 Posts
I believe bbally has a street 750. Not sure what he has done to it though.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,733 Posts
I've decided I'd like to enhance the sound of my scoot. I'm not scared of wrenching as I've done a fair amount of my own maintenance on my cages. I don't want to void my warranty and I don't want it to sound like garbage.

Has anyone had any success with the Revolution-X motor and nice sounding exhaust?
V&H is very good exhaust.

Screaming Eagle is good sounding too.

Doing it yourself you can drill it, or pull a stack of the packing out.

45 hundred miles I think the rev X is in destructible.

Switched to Amsoil..... added hundreds of horse power:blahblah::blahblah:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
V&H is very good exhaust.

Screaming Eagle is good sounding too.

Doing it yourself you can drill it, or pull a stack of the packing out.

45 hundred miles I think the rev X is in destructible.

Switched to Amsoil..... added hundreds of horse power:blahblah::blahblah:
Are you saying I can drill out our pull something out of the existing muffler? Would that void my warranty? I have less than 100 miles on this (I know, I need more seat time!) I don't want to loose the warranty.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,733 Posts
Are you saying I can drill out our pull something out of the existing muffler? Would that void my warranty? I have less than 100 miles on this (I know, I need more seat time!) I don't want to loose the warranty.
Don't drill it, they will screw with you on the warranty. My dealer won't, but many will.......

The packing in the muffler can be altered. If you look in the end of the cans you will see some screws that can be removed, then take out some of the glass packing and it will rumble more. They could screw with you on that if they wanted to.. basically they can any time they want to... depends on how your dealer is, mine is all for the customer, but some of them bleed corporate black and orange.....

The O2 sensor have the range to make up for the increased flow so I would not think anyone would screw with you on it.

If it is a worry, put on the V&H or Screaming Eagle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.