Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just got a brand new 2015 FLHXS Street Glide Special and love it, but hate the stock windshield.

Looking for some advice from some other experienced riders...

I am 6'1" and the stock windscreen sucked, the buffet hit me right in the glasses and literally pulled them off my face above 50mph. A friend of mine has a Klock Werks 8.5" flare windscreen and tried that, but I still get a buffet right at the top of my head.

Short of going to the 11.5" which I will then have to look thru, any other options out there? Different products, different shape?

Also got the Daymaker head lamp, but now looking at LED Turn signals in the front and brake. Same friend told me to look at CUSTOM DYNAMICS...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time and loving the ride...

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I have a 2015 SESG and yes the original wind shield sucks. It looks pretty but does no good. I am 6 ft. The Harley wind splitter 10" does a bit better but not great. I have a 10 inch Long Ride Shields that works perfectly. But it isn't the sleekest or most attractive looking shield. I then got the 8.5" Klock Works which works really really good. And it looks great too. The tint is almost exactly like stock. If Klock Works made a 9.5" or 10.5" I would get either of those instead of my 8.5" because those heights would be perfect. But they only make an 11.5" and that is too tall for me. LRS makes their shields in increments of an inch and they are great shields. Just not sleek looking, but function fantastically. Hope this helps, good luck

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the 10 windsplitter and its ok. Put it on when I bought the bike. Better than stock.
Thinking of trying the klock werks or long ride. The problem with looking through a curved shield is the distortion at the curve. I'm 6" 1" and look over the 10" with no problem. I'm also going to get the fangs, they cut out a ton of buffeting from air coming over the tank.

·
CRSO
342 Posts
2015 Street Glide-Windscreen & LED Turn

14 Utra Limited here...swapped out the stock shield for a LRS (1" over stock height for their equivalent) no complaints and I'm 6'1". Lowered the buffeting for my passenger as well.

You will still get some wind, but it's coming from underneath up through the triple tree.

Replaced front turns with Custom Dynamics Ringz, and also added their LED windshield trim that has run/turn illuminated strips. Love the look. Both the signals and the windshield strip are white while running, and flashing yellow on turn signal.

Be advised, the only rear signals that came with my bike are integrated into the tour pack... So I bought the Kuryakyn run/turn/brake LED inserts that fit exactly into the rear bag brackets...perfect fit, and looks great.

Don't know if it matters to you, but the Custom Dynamics Rings conversion for the back turn signals on Harleys (that have separate turn signals not part of the tour pak )are not DOT-approved. The fronts are, the rears are not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kuryakyn run/turn/brake LED inserts

14 Utra Limited here...swapped out the stock shield for a LRS (1" over stock height for their equivalent) no complaints and I'm 6'1". Lowered the buffeting for my passenger as well.

You will still get some wind, but it's coming from underneath up through the triple tree.

Replaced front turns with Custom Dynamics Ringz, and also added their LED windshield trim that has run/turn illuminated strips. Love the look. Both the signals and the windshield strip are white while running, and flashing yellow on turn signal.

Be advised, the only rear signals that came with my bike are integrated into the tour pack... So I bought the Kuryakyn run/turn/brake LED inserts that fit exactly into the rear bag brackets...perfect fit, and looks great.

Don't know if it matters to you, but the Custom Dynamics Rings conversion for the back turn signals on Harleys (that have separate turn signals not part of the tour pak )are not DOT-approved. The fronts are, the rears are not.

Interested in the Kuryakyn run/turn/brake LED inserts that you added, do you have a picture. Not exactly sure what they look like as I can't seem to find them.

·
CRSO
342 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Check out Long Ride Shields. get the recurve and you can have a shorter shield to see over but the air goes over your head.

·
CRSO
342 Posts
2015 Street Glide-Windscreen & LED Turn

Windshield trim added after installation of LRS recurve shield; some drilling of the fairing margin and shield involved, but not too complicated. Available in black or chrome and really helps the cagers see your turn signals at intersections:

Stock photo...brighter in person 😜
ImageUploadedByMO Free1439044173.351026.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts