Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i have noriced a vibration / chirp noise in my fairing at anything under 2500 rpm If i reach up and put my hand in the fairing vent the vibration stops. I know that there was a recall on some of these rushmore bikes for a defective vent. Just to be clear its not the vent itself, putting my hand in the vent just dampens the fairing vibrations and stops the noise. It sounds like something is loose. I pulled the outer fairing and the only thing i see that appears loose is the top screw on the speaker enclosures where ithey mount to the fairing. The screws themselves are tight, but the enclosure seems to be loose from the fairing. Does anyone else have this same vibration? It's annoying as hell.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
2015 bike?
Someone may be able to help. But I am thinking back to the Dealer for warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My fairing was vibrating, I took the fairing cover off and three out of four fairing brackets were broken.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My front turn signal mounts were loose, one was cross threaded where it bolts to the "fork". 2012 Street Glide.

When I softly hit the fairing near the right mirror I could reproduce the chirp. It was worse at idle.

I removed the cross threaded bolt and put some cutting oil on it and a washer under the head and reinstalled. No more chirp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would take it to the dealer.
Yeah, only problem is it doesnt happen all the time. So the dealer may ride and and it will never happen. Already been this route, was on my way to the dealer andbit stopped doing it. Didnt happen for another 100 miles almost. Thus my dilemma.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, only problem is it doesnt happen all the time. So the dealer may ride and and it will never happen. Already been this route, was on my way to the dealer andbit stopped doing it. Didnt happen for another 100 miles almost. Thus my dilemma.
I hear ya, all I can say is its hard to find the problem from behind this flat screen, Maybe some more will chime in on this.:grin

·
Registered
986 Posts
2015 Street Glide, those are acorn nuts and studs underneath. Had to remove all of that to install the fork fangs. Did notice that you can manipulate the fairing when they are out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2015 SGS. It started after about 1,500 miles. Interment buzz noise from faring vent at about 1,500- 2,000 rpm. 1st dealer stated it was normal, based on comparison to another bike. Not buying it. 2nd dealer fixed issue. They replaced inner faring air duct (s per R.O.). Problem resolved and has not returned, now have 12,000+ miles. all still good. F.Y.I.,the replaced part#.29200003 HGope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the same issue with my 2015 SGS. It started after about 1,500 miles. Interment buzz noise from faring vent at about 1,500- 2,000 rpm. 1st dealer stated it was normal, based on comparison to another bike. Not buying it. 2nd dealer fixed issue. They replaced inner faring air duct (s per R.O.). Problem resolved and has not returned, now have 12,000+ miles. all still good. F.Y.I.,the replaced part#.29200003 HGope this helps.
I was aware of the vent issue, thanks anyway. Mine isnt from the vent itself. More the fairing and windshield. I can touch the fairing or windshield and it stops. I have a new windshield i am going to try this week to see if its the windshield itself

·
American
28,697 Posts
Had loose bolts holding windshield on mine. Tightened and problem went away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts