Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many many things you can do to the HD engines. I have looked at a lot of threads and my mechanical ability and understanding are not too good. That said, what can you do to the engine, without going into the engine, to give it a little better performance? Pipes? Air cleaner? tuner? Thanks for any replies.:smile

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've got a 2013 fat Boy with the 103 and added the Ness air cleaner,
slip ons, and the Vance and Hines FP3 tuner. I downloaded the V&H
map and these changes really woke that thing up.

I was surprised as the stock 103 is no slouch, but it really helped the
overall performance. Now, it's not some 150 hp rocket ship, but it
does get out of its own way now.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Do the stage 1 conversion. That means putting a Screamin Eagle intake (air cleaner assy) and screamin eagle exhaust. You will immediately feel the difference in the seat of your pants. That is the cheapest way to get more horses out of that engine. And then for less than another $130 you can go online to NightRider.com and look into the FL-ViEd-10 that is a plug and play device that will enrichen the fuel by adjusting the signal from the O2 sensors. I think I set my devices at 50% front and 65% rear to help it cool better.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. They are valued. Stage 1 for my wife's Switchback will go towards her Christmas presents for this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stage1

I'm in the uk just fitted a v&h propipe and the fp3 I've made improvements to the air filter myself it's made such a difference. Well worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts