1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Looks pretty good. Price not bad either

·
Registered
476 Posts
My wife was considering an Indian last year but the nearest dealer is over 100 miles away. We have ten Harley dealers within 100 miles. Not a big enough dealer network for us to take a chance for that kind of money. Plus I'm not sure how long Polaris will keep manufacturing them without making money. It's a risk but I hope they make it.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I liked the style. Did you see the accessory prices?
Air cleaner $500
Slip on mufflers $900 and $1000.
I guess that rhe money you save on buying the bike they make back on parts.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
I liked the style. Did you see the accessory prices?
Air cleaner $500
Slip on mufflers $900 and $1000.
I guess that rhe money you save on buying the bike they make back on parts.
I've looked at all the Polaris bikes and I like what I see in the touring lines, lots of things thought out better than Harley. For example all the trunks and saddle bags lock with the same key from the factory, the tour pak can be removed rather easily(no quick detach kit purchase necessary), the sound and radio is quite nice. But, the big stumbling block is the lack of aftermarket support that should bring the price of accessories down. Last I looked a windshield for the Victory x country touring bike was ~$700. Pipes and air cleaners are high, but supposedly the dealer flash is free with purchase, and does more than simply raise the red line.

Secondly until recently the nearest Victory dealer is close but, an A$$. And the nearest Indian dealer was some 300+ miles away...

I'd pass 2 Harley dealers on the way to the Indian dealer that just opened in Rogers, AR ~100 miles away.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Real nice looking. I have always been a fan of Indian Motorcycles. Nice looking bikes. The rear fender is a bit of an eye sore when compared to today's style, but overall very nice. That emblem can't be beat. I hope to own one someday along side my HD. It's a shame that they have a hard time staying in business. American company, used to build quality item, nice design and history.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ugh, when I saw that a month or so ago I thought...perfect example of being late to the party, and showing up in garb people would say would've looked amazing 5 years ago. Wow, everything is dark. Those projects are on embarrassing Craigslist ads by now.

The normal Chief almost beat out HD for me when I chose a few months ago, but there's only one dealer in a couple hundred miles and they sell about 10 brands so...not too sure about service or emergency service.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
For whatever reason, I just ain't a fan of that Indian. However, I DO like the light up ornament on the front fender, but not well enough to buy the whole bike. :)

And I am a fan of darkness--I have a Night Train with black paint. Might sound stupid, but I wouldn't trade it even for that Indian.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
I do like the looks of it, but like others have said, no dealer close and how long are the gonna be in business this time.... Would love to have one from back in the 40s, but don't see that happening either. Reckon I'll just stick with my Heritage...

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
I do like the looks of it, but like others have said, no dealer close and how long are the gonna be in business this time.... Would love to have one from back in the 40s, but don't see that happening either. Reckon I'll just stick with my Heritage...
My papaw had an Indian from the '40s...back in the early '50s. My dad told me a story last week from when he was a kid. He said papaw would take him to see relatives every now and then that was about 40 to 50 miles away, and stay until after nightfall.

Dad was only about 6 or 7 back then. He said papaw would loosen his belt, stick dad's hands inside the belt, then tighten it up so dad wouldn't fall off if he fell asleep. And yes, he admitted there were several times he fell asleep on the trip home. :)

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
The Scouts look pretty nice. It's kinda weird. I hope they do well, but I haven't bought one.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts