Harley Davidson Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
If they are really badly balanced try spinning the tire around 180° on the wheel

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2018 fatboy wore out both front and rear tires at 8,000 miles. now at 11,000 miles the front is already wore down to the wear bars on right half of front tire. running 36 psi in front and 40 psi in rear. anyone else having this issue? tires are too expensive to replace this soon and feel like something must be wrong.
HI Alan. I can tell you exactly whats wrong with your bike. I had the same problem. Took it to my local Harley dealership, they told me there is a engineering fault with this model. They had to offset the engine so the pulley can line up with the rear wheel. You will find its 9kg out of wack. I emailed Harley themselves and they admitted to me by email that there is a fault with that bike. I demanded my moneyback or a recall. I got rid of mine worst Harley i have ever had. I sugest you do the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI Alan. I can tell you exactly whats wrong with your bike. I had the same problem. Took it to my local Harley dealership, they told me there is a engineering fault with this model. They had to offset the engine so the pulley can line up with the rear wheel. You will find its 9kg out of wack. I emailed Harley themselves and they admitted to me by email that there is a fault with that bike. I demanded my moneyback or a recall. I got rid of mine worst Harley i have ever had. I sugest you do the same.
Hi m8.
Same issue here. 2018 FatBoy with less than 5k miles. Have run through nearly 2 sets of tires, both with uneven wear on the right side. The second set has less than 1k miles on them. Dealership is no help...alignment is fine, bearings, engine mounts, blah blah blah...all fine. Must be the way I’m riding. I know the composite is soft, but this is ridiculous. Any chance you’d share your email from MoCo admitting an engineering fault? Sure would help me out...

·
Former Lurker
3,460 Posts
I had horrible tire wear with my 2007 FB (First year with the 200 tire.) The offset made it corner poorly. Handled like crap. Didn't like it at all.
I got about 8k on my first one and it was SHOT when I replaced it. 6k for the second and then I got rid of the bike...

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2018 fatboy wore out both front and rear tires at 8,000 miles. now at 11,000 miles the front is already wore down to the wear bars on right half of front tire. running 36 psi in front and 40 psi in rear. anyone else having this issue? tires are too expensive to replace this soon and feel like something must be wrong.
Hi mate.yes something is very wrong. I found out the bike is 9kgs off centre. They moved the engine so the pulley could line up with the back wheel. Got this from Harley USA themselves. my local Harley dealership new about the problem but could not do anything. So i sold it quick. I suggest you do the same. Cheers

61 - 66 of 66 Posts