Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow, 10% bleed per day seems excessive to me. But hey, I worked in Nuclear Power plants that accepted no leakage.
Yea that seemed high to me also. His actual response was "if you have a pressure gauge ...". I don't. Not sure if it should be better or worse without one. I put about a half turn on the shock fitting. The pump fitting was in about as far as it can go. Sprayed the fittings down and didn't see any bubbles. Unfortunately the seller didn't keep the original shock.
Took a better look at the tire today. The bike is in a high ceiling 3 bay garage with inadequate lighting and being so hot the doors are all closed. The circumferential damage is much less than I thought. Probably not life threatening. There are a couple of eraser size indentations right at the tread/sidewall junction. Looking at my tire options.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yea that seemed high to me also. His actual response was "if you have a pressure gauge ...". I don't. Not sure if it should be better or worse without one. I put about a half turn on the shock fitting. The pump fitting was in about as far as it can go. Sprayed the fittings down and didn't see any bubbles. Unfortunately the seller didn't keep the original shock.
Took a better look at the tire today. The bike is in a high ceiling 3 bay garage with inadequate lighting and being so hot the doors are all closed. The circumferential damage is much less than I thought. Probably not life threatening. There are a couple of eraser size indentations right at the tread/sidewall junction. Looking at my tire options.
Tires: Always error on the side of safety! Ya only have 2 and no spare! Stay safe!

Reactions: Harleyjef

·
Registered
12,883 Posts
Wow, 10% bleed per day seems excessive to me. But hey, I worked in Nuclear Power plants that accepted no leakage.
Same here, Zero leak down on missile liquid fuel systems...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts