Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 772 Posts

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

Well boys and girls, I know this is a tad later than usual from when I normally post this thread, but I've been a bit busy, low on effs, and had to resolve some issues, firm up the date as well as wait to post the thread as asked by the hotel management, as they were busy as well.......

So, June 8th is date, the General Nelson is the place. Some of you already knew that and booked for next year as Sheila made the mistake of allowing that to happen, as she didn't realize that the info I had talked to her about was not set in stone yet..... and that's not how we do things either. So for those that booked already, you snuck one in.

Last year we made a attempt to cook for ourselves, and I'd like to thank those that lent a hand last year. For the most part, all it did was create more work for people than I cared it too, and it kind of went off the rails as well. So eff that shit, back to catering we go.

This year, food will be provided by Down Home Barb-Q, right in Bardstown KY. Down Home Bar B Q - Barbecue - Bardstown, KY is their website.https://www.facebook.com/TheDownHomeBarBQ/

I have spoken to the owner and set up the date, and I'll have more details on the menu in a little bit. The cost will still be $30...$20 going towards the food and banquet hall cost, and the $10 going towards our charitable donation.

Last year, we gave the money out early, as the need was immediately needed, trying to help a forum members family member from losing their home. Unfortunately, he did not raise enough money via Go Fund Me to do so, but the money still went on to help him, so feel good about that folks.

This year, we have someone in our group that truly needs some help, is a Collision alumni, a very good guy, and is facing some serious financial burden right now, from a accident. He is to the point where he is selling his Harley to relieve some burden placed on his family. While I know what we raise won't relieve his stress, but atleast he'll know his Collision family loves their own.

On July 25, John Ashbrook aka 2005FXDC, was siding his home, and due to his own stupidity, ( :grin) the scaffolding he was working off of, fell and took his drunk (speculating... :devil ) ass tumbling to the ground with it. We've all, I'm sure, had some home accidents, and the last thing we want is for them to be public information, as we have some pride involved, and they are usually done with some form of our own stupidity at the helm.

But John being a over achiever, took it to the next level, with what the surgeon called "the worst bone fracture he's ever seen". You really have to admire that level of commitment from John. What John didn't think about on the way down was "this is going to be expensive", but as he passed the windows he was heard saying "so far so good!!!" Then the ground changed his opinion. I'll be posting the pics of his injury up after the initial thread is posted, and they are spectacular.

Folks, John didn't have his hand out, he didn't ask for the help, and he's kind of embarrassed when I contacted and told him what we, The Fathers, had decided to do to be honest. And I know everyone here will be in agreement, we help our own first. We always have since the "charity" idea was formed now 2 events ago, and that's the way it will always go. He's in some serious medical debt because of this accident, to the tune of around $25,000 that he is responsible for. Anything you can afford will help this guy out immensely.

So make reservations at:

The General Nelson Inn

411 W. Stephen Foster Ave

Bardstown KY

1-800-225-3977 or 1-502-348-3977

MUST mention Collision for the discounted rate and the ability to book, I have the whole hotel blocked for reservations.

Once this hotel is booked, there is overflow hotel directly across the street.

There is a breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet restaurant within a 2 minute walk from the hotel, with plenty of BACON. Mammie's restaurant, a short walk downtown, has good food and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. There is a lot of historical and touristy stuff do in this area, and the riding isn't half bad either, once you get off the main drags. Some VERY narrow roads, so be careful folks. Liquor store within walking distance that is open till 11, as well as a convenience store within a 4 minute walk as well for those late night munchies that may be required.

SHIRTS!!!!
Order by May 21

Send payments via PayPal: copy and paste [email protected] into PayPal.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION WHEN SENDING PAYMENT.

While I know most of you by name, it's nice to have the reference. Thank you!

I’m in:

2stangs8689 +1 PAID
67Duce PAID
Jpassh2o +1 PAID
Silverback PAID
BaseballBiker PAID
Gravs +1 PAID
Chas PAID
Baggerboy +1 PAID
1shot PAID
Zeero +1 PAID
Harvey13118 +1 PAID
GtrMan66 +1 PAID
Jake PAID
Silvereagle50 + 1 PAID
6113 PAID
Gravel Gretzky +1 PAID
Baggd13 PAID
Cloondog PAID
Southernman67 +1 PAID
Pecosriver +1 PAID
Peanut +1 PAID
E4fn3 PAID
GotGold PAID
MADMACK PAID
JaxGlide PAID
HarleyBob58 +1 PAID
Kd5cqt PAID
Tommytailspin PAID
Louisville Joe +1 PAID
ematicic PAID
VoodooU PAID
bbally +1 PAID
Sardonicus87 PAID
Delta +1 PAID
AndyG PAID
Haus +1 PAID
fat99boy PAID
Boblo Escobar PAID
Pipewizard PAID
El Diablo PAID
Fartboy PAID
Miles Tequila PAID
Dagger +1 PAID
Misinlink +1 PAID
Nipplesurfer PAID
2005FXDC PAID
SDunsmoor PAID

(VIRGINS)
Elisa PAID
OZman PAID
Taxmanhog PAID

Attachments

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,048 Posts
Well it looks like once again, Stangs has knocked this out of the park. I can’t imagine a better cause than this year’s honoree for any help that we can come up with. John, we all can use a boost at some time in our life, so please understand the willing spirit of the good folks in this forum. Best wishes for a full recovery, my friend! The new venue last year was great and allowed a lot of folks to attend. Looking forward to returning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The day of John’s injury.....

The hardware.....

Not my leg, not my problem. That’s what I always say.... :eek

·
Asylum Inmate
11,290 Posts
Booked Bbally +1

Thanks for setting it up again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bird Whisperer
1,739 Posts
I'm in!

Damn, that leg looks nasty.

If anyone is interested in knowing the location of the Bardstown laundromat where you can enjoy a refreshing hopped beverage outside with your good friends, just ask! I can draw you a map.....

For the Canadian translation, contact Gravel Gretzky.

·
South GA Redneck
3,870 Posts
I'm in!

Damn, that leg looks nasty.

If anyone is interested in knowing the location of the Bardstown laundromat where you can enjoy a refreshing hopped beverage outside with your good friends, just ask! I can draw you a map.....

For the Canadian translation, contact Gravel Gretzky.

That’s easy....Just add “eh” to end of Gravs translation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,287 Posts
Booked and Paid + 1

·
Registered
614 Posts
Last year, we gave the money out early, as the need was immediately needed, trying to help a forum members family member from losing their home. Unfortunately, he did not raise enough money via Go Fund Me to do so, but the money still went on to help him, so feel good about that folks.

This year, we have someone in our group that truly needs some help, is a Collision alumni, a very good guy, and is facing some serious financial burden right now, from a accident. He is to the point where he is selling his Harley to relieve some burden placed on his family. While I know what we raise won't relieve his stress, but atleast he'll know his Collision family loves their own.

On July 25, John Ashbrook aka 2005FXDC, was siding his home, and due to his own stupidity, :)rofl the scaffolding he was working off of, fell and took his drunk (speculating... :grin :rofl ass tumbling to the ground with it. We've all, I'm sure, had some home accidents, and the last thing we want is for them to be public information, as we have some pride involved, and they are usually done with some form of our own stupidity at the helm.

But John being a over achiever, took it to the next level, with what the surgeon called "the worst bone fracture he's ever seen". You really have to admire that level of commitment from John. What John didn't think about on the way down was "this is going to be expensive", but as he passed the windows he was heard saying "so far so good!!!" Then the ground changed his opinion. I'll be posting the pics of his injury up after the initial thread is posted, and they are spectacular.

Folks, John didn't have his hand out, he didn't ask for the help, and he's kind of embarrassed when I contacted and told him what we, The Fathers, had decided to do to be honest. And I know everyone here will be in agreement, we help our own first. We always have since the "charity" idea was formed now 2 events ago, and that's the way it will always go. He's in some serious medical debt because of this accident, to the tune of around $25,000 that he is responsible for. Anything you can afford will help this guy out immensely.

To the Father's, I thank you and love you guys. Stangs is dead right about me being embarrassed as I was told "you don't have a say here" accepting this. This is mostly because everyone of us has gone through some crap at some point and I feel there's probably someone that needs this worse than I do. I've always been that guy that will go out of his way to help others and never want to ask for help for myself and that will never change.

I'll be on crutches for about 2 - 3 more weeks then into a ankle brace and the fun with pyhsical therapy begins. They said I will fully recover and I will ride again(not this year) but we are looking to get rid of some things like the bike to help out.

I truely care for these people on this forum. I'm glad that I got a PM from Silverback which led me to my first collision. I'm grateful as eff for the friends I've met.

Well it looks like once again, Stangs has knocked this out of the park. I can’t imagine a better cause than this year’s honoree for any help that we can come up with. John, we all can use a boost at some time in our life, so please understand the willing spirit of the good folks in this forum. Best wishes for a full recovery, my friend! The new venue last year was great and allowed a lot of folks to attend. Looking forward to returning!

I know this is the greatest bunch of people anywhere. My life wouldn't be the same without it. I love all of you.

Booked + 1 .... you all can meet and hang with the great new Mrs Haus. Stangs last year was awesome and look forward to seeing you all again.
Dear Haus,

You have to be very careful when your posting. This reads...

Stangs last year was awesome! This is going to fuel his ego out of control, it doesn't need help.

It should read...

Stangs, (NOTE THE COMMA)last year was awesome! This is just saying thank you for what you do Stangs and I'll be back.

LOCK IT UP!!

1 - 20 of 772 Posts