Harley Davidson Forums banner

761 - 772 of 772 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
11,379 Posts
Love Bardstown .... but Tennessee seems cool to me.

But the Godfather and Fathers have not indicated yet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Vile Deplorable
1,383 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I like Tennessee too. Nina and I honeymooned in Gatlinburg.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,383 Posts
Here's a little follow up on my failure to make the Collision. The manager claimed to have a better offer and said she'd have to quit if I didn't match it. I didn't match it and she quit. I found out the other day that she didn't have another offer, but her and her mother knew of my desire to head to Bardstown and they figured I'd cave and match the mythical offer. I couldn't match a $6/hour raise and even if I could, I wouldn't have, it's not how I work.

She came in the other day and asked for her job back. I told her that I knew of her's and her mother's plan and that she could just take a hike. Of course she denied it, but when I told her that it was her father that ratted her out, she started crying and begged for her job back. Told her that what she did was the equivalent of theft to me and since I can no longer trust her OR her mother, they weren't welcome in my business anymore. We're the only store in a 60 mile stretch. Dad's still welcome, but since he's divorced from the 2 of them, his words, it won't help her or her mom.

While I missed a good time in KY, the cause paid for it dearly. She filed for unemployment and was denied. She is going to lose her car to a repo company soon. Mom's boyfriend found out about her involvement and walked. Dad spread the story all over the valley and mom and the unemployed are now pariahs in some circles, including their church. The church loves me, even though I'm a heathen, since I give food that's 5 days from being out of the sale date to them to give to their parishioners.

Living in a rural community, one has to be careful. This time I won and got the pleasure of seeing the loser eat crow.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Good for you, Pecos. The wench was trying to extort you, plain and simple, and extortion is a serious matter.

And I wonder how much cash and merchandise she has stolen from you during her tenure there....

·
Barney Fife - Poser
810 Posts

Well, I had to miss this year because of shit going on at home, but I will chime in on this since you're starting to get into my neighborhood if you're really moving this way.. I would not suggest Gatlinburg as a location for the event just because it gets a little too busy this time of year. If you're wanting to move east though, I might suggest Maggie Valley, NC or maybe even Bryson City, NC or Cherokee, NC. If you really want east TN, maybe check out some stuff in the Wears Valley area.

Not that my opinion counts for anything, I just thought it would be wrong for me to not toss out a fair warning. I remember Gatlinburg as my favorite place to go about 30 years ago. Now it mostly seems crowded and hot. We still go over there on occasion, but it just ain't what it once was.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, here would be a great location in east TN: www.bobarosasaloon.com - The Official Bobarosa Saloon Website

Del Rio, TN is just between Newport, TN and Hot Springs, NC and kind of in the middle of nowhere, but close to a LOT of great riding. I'm not sure how much lodging they have on site and I've heard (but not confirmed) that they may have suffered some flood damage from hurricane rains last fall. It certainly could be worth looking into.

So, that's all I got.

·
Vile Deplorable
1,383 Posts
Good for you, Pecos. The wench was trying to extort you, plain and simple, and extortion is a serious matter.

And I wonder how much cash and merchandise she has stolen from you during her tenure there....
We don't get much loss from employees. We're pretty generous about what they can eat or drink during work since there's no set breaks supplied.

I have a reputation of dealing with thieves, both customers and employees, pretty harshly. I've had both types arrested and being fairly rural word gets around. Customers that get caught stealing have the cops called and they get issued a court summons for theft.

Employees that get caught stealing get put in handcuffs and have to be bailed out and are given a court summons on release. Mostly they get a R-O-R and of course are not allowed back in the store. Depending on the way the family acts toward me after the arrest, I can ban them from the store also. Since we're located on a 60 mile stretch of interstate with us being the only business on the interstate, a family ban can be a very harsh punishment for the entire family.

All of the preceding is punctuated by a camera that gives me unimpaired viewing of the register, which I can monitor from my cell phone and computer AND gives me the ability to talk to them through the camera while eavesdropping on them when friends are present. One fun example was when one of the cashiers tried to give away a breakfast sandwich and coffee to his girlfriend claiming that he'd just tell me that he gave it to a homeless person. I fired him from Michigan via the camera. (We give homeless people that end up in our lot a sandwich and coffee or water before kicking them off the property. It's just a kharma thing I do. Too many of them are vets or single parents.)

761 - 772 of 772 Posts