Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have now owned my Tri glide trike for 1 year , only ever riden solo's all my life up until I picked the trike up I hadn't even sat on one .
Yes the riding and steering experience is so different than a solo its something that takes a while to get used to .......
The only reason I bought a Trike especially the Tri glide with all the added extra's that the Free wheeler doesn't have , over here in UK Harley's are two a penny meaning you see them everywhere even triked out Harley's very rarely do you see the factory built Tri glide Trike or the freewheeler out on the road so it does stand out and gets many comments and likes where ever you go and you meet some really nice people that otherwise you wouldn't come across.
I deem myself not old at 60 in October , I can still ride solo when I want to but enjoy the feeling I get out on a Trike I would recommend a trike to anyone.
Oh by the way I loved your video and all the others you have posted so far

·
Registered
13 Posts
I owned a Gold Wing trike, didn't like it. Front end too light.
Sold it and got a Tri Glide, it is a blast to cruise the wife loves the smooth ride and comfort
The 19 Models with the 114 have come a long way, if you test ride a 19 you'll be hooked.
I still ride my 15 103 FLHTP but the Tri Glide gets ridden quite often.

You don't have to be old or disabled to own one. My thought is if you can afford one and
have the storage space why not? It's worth checkin out, but the new ones are pricey.
Have to pay to play as the sayin goes.

GOOD REVIEW!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tried one at an open house. Made it about 12 feet before I gave up. Almost hit 2 cars forgetting I had 2 wheels behind me and u couldn't lean

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Sometimes you can get a good deal on very low mileage Freewheelers. That is what we did. Ours has 1,400 miles on it and it was several thousand dollars less than new. Plus it had several accessories added by the previous owner which would have cost plenty. The dealer gave us the rear bumper to sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thinking about getting a steering damper on my "98 with a trike kit. Steering seems too sensitive for my taste on hiway. Gonna check steering neck first.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thinking about getting a steering damper on my "98 with a trike kit. Steering seems too sensitive for my taste on hiway. Gonna check steering neck first.
No idea if the steering damper on my 2018 Tri Glide Trike would fit your bike or even if Harley sell that part but I can vouch that it does the job it is supposed to , no wobbles of any kind at high speed or slow speed .
I will go out and get a close up photo for you and post it on here

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My trike is in steering lock mode but this is the view of the damper from the right hand side of the bike

This is the view taken on the left hand side how it is connected to the forks
[url=https://

As I say it does the job it is supposed to do I hope you solve your issues with out too much cost

·
red sport.
379 Posts
Thread: 2019 Harley-Davidson FreeWheeler Trike First Ride

20190713_084202.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

20190713_084144.jpg Just bought a 2015 FLRT Free Wheeler with 3,400 miles on it, got the guy bring it to me, next morning I back it out in the street like I did my Sportster put it in gear give it the gas took off & leaned to miss my mail box bike went straight knocked mail box post down box came off bent the R turn signal bracket. tried to straighten it to no avail. going to replace it 118$ + labor. So, been riding getting use to it, pretty good so far. Lowered handle bars easier to ride & handle now. Hadn't got any Pic. of me on it yet. Only once I started to put my feet down at a stop light.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
View attachment 760241 Just bought a 2015 FLRT Free Wheeler with 3,400 miles on it, got the guy bring it to me, next morning I back it out in the street like I did my Sportster put it in gear give it the gas took off & leaned to miss my mail box bike went straight knocked mail box post down box came off bent the R turn signal bracket. tried to straighten it to no avail. going to replace it 118$ + labor. So, been riding getting use to it, pretty good so far. Lowered handle bars easier to ride & handle now. Hadn't got any Pic. of me on it yet. Only once I started to put my feet down at a stop light.
Ouch! You'll get used to it soon

·
Registered
690 Posts
No trees around, so you picked on the mailbox? You probably practiced your vocabulary expansion on that one.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What can I say except OUCH!!!!! 118 $ it will take a few rides out on it until you get used to it , I kept putting my leg down when I came to a stop thinking I was going to fall over .
Have had my tri glide for over one year now absolutely love it but you have to remember that you have a wide ass with 2 wheels behind and not one single wheel

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
Better than what I did last week.

Took a left turn too aggressively on my way to work and scraped up my primary and derby cover.

$314 to replace.
On my old shovel the bottom of the primary looked like someone took a grinder to it. Couldn't see it unless you pulled the outer off so I never worried about it as long as it didn't leak.

Sent from here to there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts