Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm all booked as of today, no misses on this trip she can't take my pace.

I'm leaving on Wednesday early early am and getting there Thursday by noon. I only pit stop for gas.

The wife will be on the 5 states run for mothers day.

Alright if I roll with you Al (if I go)? I’m up for my 1st iron butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,653 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The “Hill Country” stretches over to the 3 Sisters area.... Leakey Tx. What we did on the Spring Ride was nothing compared to them.

The last Tx Twister had a short section on FM4 that was similar to part of the Sisters.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Tommy, I think we’ll let you go first....

In all seriousness, we will need to talk about safety and choose who goes in what order. The “best section” coming into Leakey, will probably go out and back over it the first day, and over it at least once the second day....

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Buck I hope you can make it. Us with Wideglides have to stick together
I will make sure I bring pearl (my wide glide) in face that's the bike I have here in west Texas with me (wink Texas home of Roy Orbison)
the motorcycle museum is pretty cool also some British bikes and a few Harleys and Indians'

Attachments

·
old scoot coot
2,514 Posts
Tommy, I think we’ll let you go first....

In all seriousness, we will need to talk about safety and choose who goes in what order. The “best section” coming into Leakey, will probably go out and back over it the first day, and over it at least once the second day....
sounds good to me. i like that about your rides. we have a riders meeting before each one and prayer for saftey. i agree we should talk about the sisters first too. i few years ago we did and i asked the leader if we were expected to stay in line on the sisters. i did explain that not for me exclusively that riders should be allowed to pass safely on straight aways when we got to the twisties. he said that was fine then got angry when i did just that. i just feel like the sisters is just too nice of a collection of twisties not to be allowed to enjoy them at your own pace. and definitely have a meeting place for lunch so no one gets seperated from the group. i guess i'm getting ahead of myself here and i know we will talk about it at the time. it is definitely a place where one should ride in his comfort zone. as always i shall honor your wisdom doc. yea you guys that haven't been there yet are in for a treat. i think the sisters is my favorite place in the whole world. not as many miles of twisties as arkansas but better. i need a new tee shirt anyway cause i wore the old one so much it kinda rotted off. also if roy and pipe are there i shure won't be ahead of them. ha! also i hope we can stop at museum again because i did not take nearly enough photos last time.:banana

·
old scoot coot
2,514 Posts
Buck on the Tx Twister 4... Alpine
man that was really a memorable ride too. very scenic and a good look at far west texas. i'm glad i got to see that really beautiful out there. and you gotta love jimmers, we are talking to border guards at a check point eight harleys ideling loudly and i can't hear the guard who was asking what is your country of origin got my hearing aids on and still can't hear him. eight harleys with everyone carrying guns, i'm pretty shure they knew where we were from, and i'm told later jimmers shouts oh, he's from kansas you'll probably have to detain him! i love me that jimmers like all texans a great sense of humor!:laugh

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
ok I did book a room just got told today they are going to hire a AlterNet for me (poor bastard) and that I would get 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off so for me this works great
when I m here am pretty busy and time goes fast so I will just tell the NFG I have last week in September and the first 2 in October off
that will give me time to recoup from (the moonshine)

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
Any rooms left? Thought about crashing this party again boys! Still need to see how the schedule works out of course...... might be another Ironman ride again for me.....

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Buck, glad to see you’ll be there!

Hammer, there should be a room or two left, but they are going fast. Call and make your reservations. Number is on first post. We only reserved 15 rooms to start with. Since we still do have a group ride, we don’t really want 100 people down here at once.

We will string out a bit on the Twisted Sisters and have meet up places.

·
Lost in Space
6,851 Posts
Pretend it's middle of the month.
1st weekend seems to work for most of the southern guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s the problem in accounting. Beginning and end of months are busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
looking forward to it that and some of fart boys blackberry moonshine mix
am a part time Texas residence seem thee is a lot of work going to happen put here next few years

41 - 60 of 178 Posts