Harley Davidson Forums banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Well they weren't as interested in selling a bike as I thought they were.

Tried every trick in the book to fukk me over. Doubling the interest rate (Eagle Mark is at 2.99% on new touring bikes), adding 3k on the price cause of the color, adding like $600 for an "assembly fee" on top of the shipping cost when the MoCo already pays them for PDI.

Fukk em. I don't NEED to buy a bike, they NEED to sell bikes to keep in business.

Never did like Rawhide HD in Olathe.

PBJ sammich diet postponed.
Might try Heritage in Topeka. They can order in what you want

·
Registered
10,472 Posts
Well they weren't as interested in selling a bike as I thought they were.

Tried every trick in the book to fukk me over. Doubling the interest rate (Eagle Mark is at 2.99% on new touring bikes), adding 3k on the price cause of the color, adding like $600 for an "assembly fee" on top of the shipping cost when the MoCo already pays them for PDI.

Fukk em. I don't NEED to buy a bike, they NEED to sell bikes to keep in business.

Never did like Rawhide HD in Olathe.

PBJ sammich diet postponed.
Encounters like that, coupled with my own HD experiences in the past, are why I have a really shitty attitude problem with dealers. I will go out of my way to buy something I need or want from some place OTHER than a HD dealer. I know not all dealers will screw you over like that one but when/if I walk into a dealer I just assume they will fuk me any and every way they can till they prove otherwise.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I think we are lucky here with our local family owned dealership.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Doc, sorry I missed ya'll down there. Did stop by Tues. Nite and met a very nice lady riding a red and white beauty. Look forward to the next one. Ken

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
They've tried to call me 10 times since I left that review on Google maps 😁 and blocked their phone number on my phone. I'd appreciate if everyone could leave a thumbs up on my review in the link above to let them know that people read those. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
Went and had lunch at a place called the bent rim. :thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
They've tried to call me 10 times since I left that review on Google maps 😁 and blocked their phone number on my phone. I'd appreciate if everyone could leave a thumbs up on my review in the link above to let them know that people read those. Thanks.
I was gonna send you case of Peanut Butter and Jam help you get by. :devil

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
The Kansas Coalition made it back dry and without incident. Missed the rain near KS/OK border. Only casualty of the entire trip was a coil cover that decided to try it's hand at spontaneous flight.

·
Road Junkie
1,852 Posts
The Kansas Coalition made it back dry and without incident. Missed the rain near KS/OK border. Only casualty of the entire trip was a coil cover that decided to try it's hand at spontaneous flight.
Well, it wouldn’t be a Harley if all the parts stayed on all the time.

·
Super Moderator
12,570 Posts
Sorry I missed it fellas. Delta and I tried.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Well another Texas Twister is in the books. A good time was had by all and no serious injuries. A couple of scraped engine guards....

Thank you David, Jimmers, and Olaf for the help you gave. It was nice to meet you guys and gals I hadn’t met before. We are heavily considering going back for the Tx Twister 7 to Alpine Tx, Big Bend area for 2020. More information as it gets closer.

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
I forgot to pack some of that Texas weather when we left. About 60 when we rolled in last night, 45 here this morning! :eek

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
Just got home about an hour ago.

Final tally: 1968 miles. :thumb

By the posts on the forum, I imagined everybody there at the Twister much younger than they appeared in person
(except for Olaf, I imagined him older than he really was :what?).

That was a fine gathering of some majestic GREY beards!!! :eek

And oddly enough, 3beards had no beard! :what?

·
old scoot coot
2,897 Posts
rode home sunday with brian and jack. 654mi just to my cabin. brian is a tough hombre, doing that didstance on a night train. brian was in the lead with the gps app on his smart phone. went smooth and wx was good. man i was pooped slept most of monday. and today. great ride and good time with good people. i love y'all and appreciate your hospitality. thanks doc for all the planning and fb for getting us in a great motel! we had a blast and enjoyed the motorsickle thuggery!:banana

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
Plenty of deer crossing the roads on that first tank of gas as we were leaving Texas, none got close enough for concern but still had to keep the peepers peeled!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
rode home sunday with brian and jack. 654mi just to my cabin. brian is a tough hombre, doing that didstance on a Night Train. brian was in the lead with the gps app on his smart phone. went smooth and wx was good. man i was pooped slept most of monday. and today. great ride and good time with good people. i love y'all and appreciate your hospitality. thanks doc for all the planning and fb for getting us in a great motel! we had a blast and enjoyed the motorsickle thuggery!:banana
I almost made a comment about real bikers ride Softails. But may be not oh wait.....:devil

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
I almost made a comment about real bikers ride Softails. But may be not oh wait....:devil
Cant miss what you've never had.

I think once I get a touring bike, doing that kind of miles without a fairing would be over!

Having tunes and GPS built in would be cool enough, the fairing would be icing on the cake!

Oh and the set it and forget it cruise control too!

Oh almost forgot, the comfy seat!

Here's what I was looking like when we reached Tommy's place:
79a4a1d36cc4bf96520ea33b5680ceee.jpg

141 - 160 of 178 Posts