Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that were thinking of going, and might not know, the Sturgis City Council is going ahead with the rally. I was there last year, and hadn't planned to go this year, but thought I'd pass the word along.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,600 Posts
I've grown up enduring Mardi Gras and the mobs it brings down here every year. Not thinking I'd do a 3+ day ride to join a similar mob even with a common purpose, but at least I can say that I have ridden my Harley around the town of Sturgis when it wasn't party time, and the place was practically deserted then.....not thinking about going back any time soon although I do like riding up there in that part of the country.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We will be going a week early and catch the first Sat. Staying in Deadwood. Will trailer up as I am not going to subject new wife to that much saddle time. That will happen once we get there. Pulling up a 16' enclosed trailer with condor chocks and e track. Room for 3 more bikes, just not staying for whole rally.
Traded '15 FLHTK for '17 FLHXSE.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've grown up enduring Mardi Gras and the mobs it brings down here every year. Not thinking I'd do a 3+ day ride to join a similar mob even with a common purpose, but at least I can say that I have ridden my Harley around the town of Sturgis when it wasn't party time, and the place was practically deserted then.....not thinking about going back any time soon although I do like riding up there in that part of the country.
Surprisingly, on the way out to the rally proper, I've seen more bikes headed the other way. The smart ones come in the week before, ride the hills, grab a t-shirt, then "get the hell outta Dodge," before the mob arrives. The first time I went, we came in the last two days of the rally so we could say that we had been, then spent the following week riding the hills. Probably the best way to do it.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
I’ve been to the Big show about 1/2 dozen times.
We loved it all.
1 thing for sure it’s a lot of walking .
But we also got some damn good riding time in also.
One thing you can count on and that it’s going to rain lol. Night riding you’ll need a hoodie or a lighter jacket.
SO much going on there it’s takes a lot of time!
We did do some people watching also.
Love Turkey drumsticks on main st .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,072 Posts

·
old scoot coot
3,849 Posts
Surprisingly, on the way out to the rally proper, I've seen more bikes headed the other way. The smart ones come in the week before, ride the hills, grab a t-shirt, then "get the hell outta Dodge," before the mob arrives. The first time I went, we came in the last two days of the rally so we could say that we had been, then spent the following week riding the hills. Probably the best way to do it.
yep i always go the week before. rooms 100/nite we leave friday first day of rally. rooms go up to 300/nite in spearfish. riding is great wo so many bikes. town of sturgis is busy week before but you can always get a parking spot of main street. only spend a couple of afternoons in sturgis. we go for the riding and not the crowds of drunk bikers.

·
Registered
40,072 Posts
I just want to know, how do I sign up for pay-per-view???

Cause I wanna see that shit! :D

Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We will be going a week early and catch the first Sat. Staying in Deadwood. Will trailer up as I am not going to subject new wife to that much saddle time. That will happen once we get there. Pulling up a 16' enclosed trailer with condor chocks and e track. Room for 3 more bikes, just not staying for whole rally.
View attachment 785724 View attachment 785725
We've always stayed at the KOA just south of Deadwood off 14A nice CG hope you have a great time
View attachment 785724 View attachment 785725

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If they are dumb enough to cause trouble , they will spend the night in a large cell full of about 30 bikers until they get to see the judge. If the Sturgis jail is full , they will be transported in the back of a van full of a dozen bikers to Rapid City. Don't ask me how I know.
All I can add to that is there's going to be an awful lot of people totally fed up with not only this Covid-19 BS but all this rioting around the country. I'm telling you right now, they are not going to be in any mood for these people. I'm sure the Hells Angels will also be there as well. NO ONE will be in any mood for any kind of horse-assing around.

·
Registered
40,072 Posts
I'm sure the Hells Angels will also be there as well. NO ONE will be in any mood for any kind of horse-assing around.

I'm pretty sure HA will be there as well, along with other Big 5s and 1%ers. :think

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not a single BLM / Anqueefa anything to be found here

Next year is supposed to be a big Hells Angels year from what I heard today. Has to do with H being the 8th letter and 1 being the first letter of the alphabet. So I heard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts