Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day All,

I am looking at changing removing the muffler inserts (keep the stock CVO pipes), de-cat and change my stock cam to an S&S 475 cam with an unlock and adjustment of the ECU map during a dyno. I know this will void part or all of the bikes warranty and am not concerned with this, but I wanted to know if this would also affect the RSDS and Traction Control part of the computer etc....

- Has anyone done these mods and if so, was there any issues?

The stock CVO is too quiet and i dislike the fact that the limiter kicks in around 5000 revs, i want a little bit more performance in the low to mid range.

Thanks for any advice / suggestions.

Aussie Ads

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
It’s only gonna void your motor warranty. And it shouldn’t have anything to do with your traction control

But good for you trading your warranty for motor upgrades. I like that kind of dgaf 👍

·
Registered
Leftover 2019 FXDRS 114
85 Posts
We did a similar project to my buddies '19 CVO SG (475 cam, header/cat del, 2-1-2 Rineharts w baffles, and PV3). He had a check engine light even using a Fuel Moto tune on the PV3, but local dyno-dude fixed that. Just picked it from the dyno shop this evening. Runs like a completely different bike now - good call on the dyno v. just a downloaded map. Gotta shift quick cause it hits redline really quick now.

You gotta love what you can do with HD's - unlike any other brand out there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I am going to go with a Fullsac setup, stock CVO outer exhaust, S&S 475 Cam, De-cat, HD ECU adjustment and full Dyno.... Now i've got to decide what size Fullsac to go with - 2.25 or 2.5? :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey All, Just completed the Fullsac 2.5" setup using the stock CVO outer exhaust, S&S 475 Cam, De-cat, HD ECU adjustment and full Dyno.... Bike sounds awesome, rides well and has some great torque...

The only 'intermittent' issue is, I'll get some ECM and ABS fault codes with a CEL appearing at random intervals... they can be reset and stay off for a while, I think my tune needs to be slightly re-adjusted.

Can't find what these are for a 2021 CVO Street Glide and any info is welcomed:

P0155c, P1100h, C1100h and C1021h

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heya... Update: The fault codes have been cleared and were from the tune and an update to the computer that they use has resolved the issue.... The bike is tuned well and I no longer have any concerns, I absolutely love the 2.5 fullsac's.... I don't think it's too loud either!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts