Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,846 Posts
I removed mine a week ago , the owners manual has detailed instructions .
If you have an alarm , remove left side cover , put back into run , remove main fuse .
remove seat and right side cover .
Disconnect negative .
Remove close out cover .
Open clip and position wiring harness out of way .
Disconnect wheel speed sensor .
Remove WSS wiring from routing tabs then remove wiring from battery strap .
Remove battery strap , there are 3 clips holding it in place .
Disconnect positive .
Remove oil dip stick .
Hold nylon strap .
Pull up on strap whilst sliding battery out .
It’s a bit of a faff ,took me about 20mins .
Except they quit putting the battery strap in on the 21 and up bikes.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,846 Posts
I put a dedicated battery tender pigtail on my 2022 FXLRST (actually a Softail). I gave up on pulling the battery out because it was such a pain in the ass. You pull the right side cover off, pull off a plastic protector, move aside the wire holder and disconnect the negative battery cable. I you were going to actually remove the battery from the bike, you have to pull the dipstick out and stuff a cloth in the tube. Even with the dipstick out, you have to lift the battery up to clear the tube. I decided not to take it out. You can reach down through from under the seat with an extension and a 10mm socket and remove the battery bolt from the positive cable. Make sure the negative is disconnected and make sure the tender pigtail eyelets are on top of the cable. I got mine one without a problem without completely removing the battery. These factory engineers are practicing anal cranial inversion.😡
You know a battery tender pigtail is installed at the factory right?

Better choice would be to install Noco GBC007 so that you can use HD/Noco jump box.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,846 Posts
I wish ! You should have seen the mess of wires under the saddle for mine , that’s the trouble with buying 2nd hand without looking
Factory tender harness is tucked behind left side cover, and I tucked the Noco jump start harness behind the right side cover on my M8.

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,846 Posts
Whilst I had the left panel off , I was looking for the outlet to plug a tuner in , is this it ? The internals of the outlet don’t look right ?
That second pic looks like the diagnostic port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts