Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after long searching I still can not find an answer.

My oem dunlop tire is a mh90-21 h54. Tire size is an 80/90-21.
Im looking to go white wall and cant find anything reasonable. So, my question would be, can i run a 90/90-21 safely?

I need to order a tire like, weeks ago. mine is super bad.

any help is GREATLY appreciated. :thumbsup

Jay

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
If it will clear the fender it will be ok.
It would be 10mm wider and about 17mm taller (total) so that means 5mm on each side and about 8.5 mm on top.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i measured clearance the other day and it looks to be good.
so i think i can order the 90/90 with no issue

is anyone running a 90/90 on the oem harley 21 inch wheel?

·
Retired citizen
23,188 Posts
It'll fit. Also check Coker tires at J&P's, they might have your size. Get a new tube too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this might sound crazy, and of course i might be completely wrong....but do i actually have a tube? i thought i read somewhere that you can run a spoke wheel and a redial tire with not tube.
I should get one just in case i suppose.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Manual says replace tube at tire change. It doesn't state to replace rim strip every time, but at least make sure nothing is about to wear through the strip. My dealer won't install a new tire (at least a tire that I buy aftermarket,) unless they install a new strip.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
this might sound crazy, and of course i might be completely wrong....but do i actually have a tube? i thought i read somewhere that you can run a spoke wheel and a redial tire with not tube.
I should get one just in case i suppose.
if the wheel is 'laced' then it has a tube

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Why not order the same size the 72 model sporty has? It's the same 21 inch tire, they haven't made any changes other than the thin white wall line. If you have spoked wheels, not a mag wheel, you will have a tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts