Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do a 30K service on my 2008 Nightster, but the manual only goes up to 25K as to what to do. Is it the same service as another interval?

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I need to do a 30K service on my 2008 Nightster, but the manual only goes up to 25K as to what to do. Is it the same service as another interval?
I go back to my book (disregard 1K), then follow the initial intervals.
Oil and air filter every 5K, primary oil change every 10K, trans. oil every 20k. In addition, I check wear items EVERY service after 25K.

I personally change oils more often than recommended, but that's not the subject here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back when I was working at my local dealership as a technician, at 30k we would check to see if the bike was throwing any codes, replace spark plugs, check every nut and bolt from front to back, change the engine, trans, and primary oils, replace the oil filter, derby cover and inspection plate gaskets, replace drain plug o rings, check primary chain tension, adjust the throttle cables and adjust the clutch. Check brake and rotor wear, as well as tire tread depth. Check the drive belt for alignment, wear and tear, and tension. Clean or replace the intake filter depending on if it’s a stage one or stock. Check/adjust steering head bolt. and then we would test the battery and charging system and make sure all the lights and horn are working properly. That basically sums up your 30k service. If you did all of that at your 25k then just treat it as a 5k and keep an eye on everything and don’t forget to inspect your bike before and after every ride. Stay safe.

Semper Fidelis,
Joe

·
Retired citizen
23,116 Posts
30K same as 10K and 20K. Fuel filter at 25K, often overlooked ! Fork oil and seals at 50K unless the seals leak sooner.

·
Super Moderator
12,673 Posts
Your bike is expired. You must trade it in now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts