Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HD Newbie
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2015 Street Glide. The radio sometimes turns itself on when I start the bike and the FM reception is terrible (the hidden antenna is installed). The radio has the latest software upgrade and Harley tells me that I just have to wait until they release a newer version. They don't know when that will be. Anyone have more to share? Thanks.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Give the radio manufacturer a call. Give them the same symptoms as you describe and see if they attribute it to a software issue. Sounds to me like the stealer is trying to hold you off until the warranty is up. Make them fix or replace.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Unfortunately the internal antenna rarely works very good. I have one myself, although I mainly use my iPod when I don see the radio I definitely end up with some static outside off perfect situations. As for your radio turning on when you turn the bike on, it will always do that unless you shut it down before turning off the bike. Unless you meant turns "off" which happens to me sometimes for some reason as well. Dealership once told me it's like a computer and sometimes freezes and/or just takes a long time to load up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
HD Newbie
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi tcassano87. I definitely have done that. I turn it off before turning off the bike. Then when I turn the bike on, the radio comes back on.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi tcassano87. I definitely have done that. I turn it off before turning off the bike. Then when I turn the bike on, the radio comes back on.
And it will everytime my 14 does it everytime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts