Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You have to live for the next 10 years with 4 bikes and 4 bikes only. NO bike-to-be-named later. What would they be?

1- VRSCA Anodized edit Oh yeah, turbo'd
2- Road King
3- Drop Seat Kustom
4- Yamaha R6

·
1,074 Posts
1. Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
2. Deuce
3. American IronHorse Slammer
4. GSXR

Until someone post something that I go...Oh yeah, I forgot about that, I want one too.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys like those UGlides eh? How come? Seems to me that the Road King can be everything that bike is, but with the additional charm of a detatchable windscreen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
VRSCDX with NOS
Street Glide with a 110 ci motor custom rims and paint true duals
Road King with same mods as above
Honda Goldwing

I think that would keep me happy for quite a while

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I was planning on 1 bike and 1 bike only but if I had 4 a DX a Streetglide one of those confederate bikes and a ninja.

·
Steve
262 Posts
We have similar tastes Steve-o... current and planned ;).

Still hoping to head west to NV/CA one of these days... maybe in '08 or '09!
Sounds good. We can spend a few days riding the twisties in the Sierra's then head off to the northern coast hitting the Napa wine country on the way. I can't imagine a better way to spend a few days riding.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vrod
Roadking Classic
Ducati 1098 TC
BMW GS
I love riding the Ducs on occasion but I am too big to enjoy one on a regular basis. They are kinda like strippers though, after enjoying them you turn to your wife/daily bike and say "Why can't you do that??" :D

·
Steve
262 Posts
I love riding the Ducs on occasion but I am too big to enjoy one on a regular basis. They are kinda like strippers though, after enjoying them you turn to your wife/daily bike and say "Why can't you do that??" :D
That is an outstanding analogy Mike. For business reasons I have two homes and have the Ducati at one and the Road king at the other. I ride the hell out of the Ducati when I am at one home (wife does not go there with me often) but it is enjoyable to return to the regular home and get on the RK for a nice familiar comfortable ride. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Two bikes would be enough for me. My '07 DX and I would like another big twin touring bike when HD works the problems out with these new 6 speeds and motors. A bike needs to be dependable as much as anything.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Two bikes would be enough for me. My '07 DX and I would like another big twin touring bike when HD works the problems out with these new 6 speeds and motors. A bike needs to be dependable as much as anything.
Steve... I think it is overblown. Many, including me, are having zero issues. The six speed has been out several years now, beginning with the Dynas, and the heat issue has largely been traced to owners in stop and go traffic, on extremely hot days, with lower faired E-Glides. Unleaning the bike with a SERT helps those with issues.

Then again, for my altitude, riding year round, any heat coming from the engine is BONUS!!!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
That is an outstanding analogy Mike. For business reasons I have two homes and have the Ducati at one and the Road king at the other. I ride the hell out of the Ducati when I am at one home (wife does not go there with me often) but it is enjoyable to return to the regular home and get on the RK for a nice familiar comfortable ride. :)
Reminds me from a recent ride with friends, when all discipline broke down, as a Mercedes turbo wanted to play. "Game on" we all breathed under the helmet as the race was on. With huge grins at the lunch place we all agreed it was very good our wives did not see what we just did! :ride

·
Registered
89 Posts
Steve, if you remember I had a '07 FLHT. It had major problems with the transmission and I was trying to work through that problem and was getting it better. Then when the motor started rearing it's ugly side I was not enjoying that bike any longer. When I bought it I didn't make a promise of for better or worse. I am sorry but HD big twin will have to win me back. It would have been different if HD had shown a little concern instead of tip-toeing around playing games about it. I can give details in pm if you want to know.

steve

Steve... I think it is overblown. Many, including me, are having zero issues. The six speed has been out several years now, beginning with the Dynas, and the heat issue has largely been traced to owners in stop and go traffic, on extremely hot days, with lower faired E-Glides. Unleaning the bike with a SERT helps those with issues.

Then again, for my altitude, riding year round, any heat coming from the engine is BONUS!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
V-Rod

Another V-Rod
(for the wifey so that I could take that fugly ass sissy bar off)

Road Glide
(I don't know why I have such a passion for this bike, but I would
I have thought about trading the V-Rod in on one many times.)

A bobber built by Exile

1 - 20 of 23 Posts