Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics on our trip 5-13 to 5-16

[/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/URL]

I have many more. Will post some more later.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for posting.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
nice place to ride, bet you enjoyed that trip

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the post. Have ridden the BRP many times. I really like the Cherokee area. We've ridden both the BLP and Skyline Drive. It's one of our favorite rides when we travel from Ohio to the coast. My wife is in love with Western Virginia.

'dale

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Was just up on the BRP yesterday (VA portion) and got caught in an afternoon thunderstorm. Diminished the latter portion of the ride, but still was great to get up there. Looking forward the the next opportunity.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carl.
Yes the restarant was open at Mabry Mill. Alot of places on the Parkway was still closed,still early in the season i guess.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Wife and I made our 1st trip up there the week before you did. Ran the Cherohala Skyway also. Highly recommend it! Beautiful places. Quite an amazing thrill for flatlanders from the bayous on our 1st motorcycle tour! We were not disappointed, to say the least!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Thanks for sharing the nice pictures. We were also in that area the week previous. We spent most of the time dodging rain, but got several days of fair weather. We turned right at the Dragon, and went to Fontana Dam and other roads instead. We'd heard the Cherohala Skyway had a land slide and was one lane in a small area. I was thinking the mountain slid onto the road. When we got to the slide, the road had slid OFF the mountain!! I bet the 1st person that came up on that is still shaking.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Hot damn!! Can't wait, we changed our plans, and we're doing Skyline Drive/Blueridge Parkway in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
really? where is the update on that Stang?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
really? where is the update on that Stang?

Update on??

We were hoping our friends were gonna make our June ride to the Dragon, but they can't get all the time off, so they are gonna meet us in VA on June 6, and finish out the week, so we're gonna ride this instead, with a little less stringent schedule.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Remember that the BRP is a "SCENIC" highway with beautiful sights and nice curves. But it can be maddening on holiday weekends and high season. The number of huge lumbering RV's going 15 mph can sap a lot of the joy from the ride. It's mostly no passing zone, and highly patrolled. I will ride the BRP any chance I get on "off" times.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Remember that the BRP is a "SCENIC" highway with beautiful sights and nice curves. But it can be maddening on holiday weekends and high season. The number of huge lumbering RV's going 15 mph can sap a lot of the joy from the ride. It's mostly no passing zone, and highly patrolled. I will ride the BRP any chance I get on "off" times.
That's why we are hitting it midweek, in June, vs later in August.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts