Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions / experiences on the HD 4 point luggage racks. I had initially wanted the Air Wing but heard it wasn't vary practical in use because or it's curved contour. Next choice is the Stealth , just looks like there's not much surface area and I don't want my tour bag drooping over the edges.

What do you use ?

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I use the stealth with no issues. My luggage has a sleeve that goes over a back rest and then it has straps to attach to the rack. it also looks cool

Attachments

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I had the airwing too but sold it

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I use the 4 point rack from Kuryakyn.
I know they dont look as cool as a stealth or something but I prefer function.
You may reach your destination to find out you bag is gone but your mini rack is still there and looks good???? That is why I bought the fullsize one with tie down points.

Just skip the rack and use duct tape. You can spray paint it to match your bike. Just joking.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Function over style. You don't want your bag scratching your beautiful orange paint. An elevated rack will provide much better protection like these.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=400879962306

Or

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271801316894

You'll only use it on trips and you can let it in the hotel room if you're not carrying your bag during the day.
I actually already have the 2nd one on my watch list , it's the one I was leaning towards as it looks to have the most support area. Like you said I won't have it on unless I'm travailing and it's easily removed for that stripped down look at the hotel.

I use the stealth with no issues. My luggage has a sleeve that goes over a back rest and then it has straps to attach to the rack. it also looks cool
I think the Stealth & Air Wing are the best looking racks , in reality I will only have it on when I'm bringing the tour bag , looked at the Stealth at the dealer today and there isn't much surface area to it, I'd rather spend the extra money towards shocks or something I think.

·
Mountain Rider
1,343 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts