Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 40 years of riding a wide assortment of bikes I figure its a little late in the game to keep putting of something I've thought about doing for a long time, owning an HD motorcycle. Encouraged by another friend that purchased his first HD a couple of weeks ago, and after having a blast test riding a Sportster last week I went ahead a purchase a 72. It did help that my wife is out of town for a few days :).

I'm vertically challenged (5'6") and the 72 was a good fit, not a long stretch to the handlebars or forward controls and relatively light weight. I'll be picking it up on Monday and feeling like a kid before Christmas.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about the HD experience from those on the forum.

Btw, purchased the bike from HD in Oakdale, NY. Great service! Gave me a tour of the facility, no attempted to up sell and answered all my questions.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Welcome from Western New York

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
After 40 years of riding a wide assortment of bikes I figure its a little late in the game to keep putting of something I've thought about doing for a long time, owning an HD motorcycle. Encouraged by another friend that purchased his first HD a couple of weeks ago, and after having a blast test riding a Sportster last week I went ahead a purchase a 72. It did help that my wife is out of town for a few days :).

I'm vertically challenged (5'6") and the 72 was a good fit, not a long stretch to the handlebars or forward controls and relatively light weight. I'll be picking it up on Monday and feeling like a kid before Christmas.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot about the HD experience from those on the forum.

Btw, purchased the bike from HD in Oakdale, NY. Great service! Gave me a tour of the facility, no attempted to up sell and answered all my questions.
Haha I purchased a Superlow 1200T from that same dealer in Oakdale. I too am vertically challenged at 5'6". Haven't been riding as long as you but this is my first Harley. I'm loving it!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from WNY....again!!

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I too have rode over 40years ,wife bought me a 09 softail custom 3years ago for my birthday , surprise , this July I bought a 2014 SGS wow ,should have done it 30 years ago ,love it. Great people here. Welcome!

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SEOklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts